Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss vignette checks à la border

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
WindOfChange wrote:
@under a new name - what's the "easy" way as I can free up some wind shield real-estate by using this method to take off my 2015 and 2016 ones ?

bit of heat and a razor blade and they come right off.

just do it slowly if your re-attaching as the layers between the sticky bits can come away.

we always move it between vehicles depending on what car we're driving Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was told if you first put the vignette on a jumper then onto the windscreen they become easier to peel off!?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@howiet, might work.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
howiet wrote:
I was told if you first put the vignette on a jumper then onto the windscreen they become easier to peel off!?
Not sure what a swiss policeman is going to make of a hairy Vignette. I'd be interested to hear from you when you find out Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
40 chuffs or gamble 500 and a record?
OP was asking about exiting CH while cheating... surely any rental car on the Swiss side will have the vignette anyway, or if renting from the French side, then just drive round on French roads?

Don't see why 10-day for Austrian sticker is a rip-off. It's like having a week's sticker but a couple of extra days, because when you go somewhere for "a week", in reality it's a minimum of 8 days. Handy for my 1 week trips... drive down Friday pm, come back Sunday a week later.

Slovenia was a rip off. They binned the old 3 month ones, and replaced with 7 day ones. So you do need 2x week stickers for a week away, and then you may as well get a month sticker. Although they may have changed it again. Plus they spent all the money on toll booths, but cars can pass thru a barrier unhindered with the sticker.

So 40 chf is not that bad really.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@andy,
Quote:
Don't see why 10-day for Austrian sticker is a rip-off. It's like having a week's sticker but a couple of extra days, because when you go somewhere for "a week", in reality it's a minimum of 8 days. Handy for my 1 week trips... drive down Friday pm, come back Sunday a week later.
Depends how you look at it really. They know that the swarms of Münchener that descend on Austria at weekends do so for day trips, so for them a 10 day pass is not good. The holidaymakers are mostly going for a week, so for them it isn't really good either, and if you stay for two weeks it also doesn't fit. I see it as the Austrians pulling the max out of us, but it's probably good for some.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Steilhang, "honest officer, I was looking for my contact lenses and I dropped it" ??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, with a swiss policeman? You're going to have to try harder sir.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steilhang, titter Laughing Laughing

We did actually have a real conversation with a douanier which started, "why did you not buy a Swiss washing machine?" and ended with his female colleague admitting, "yeah, I did that too". It was somewhat surreal and only cost CHF50 for the privilege.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy