Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet Luggage (Warning - Edinburgh/Geneva)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a trip to Switzerland and had issues both ways with EasyJet on check-in.

On the way out I had booked 3 x bags (20kg each) and 2 x skis (also 20kg each) so a total of 100kg allowance (which showed as such on my booking). The bags came to c70kg between them and the skis c25kg between then so I was good to go or so I thought. Guy on check-in insisted that I was 10kg over on the bags, as my allowance for the bags was only 60kg - he refused to accept that the total weight can be shared across skis and bags. In fact he quite rudely insisted I could only have max 60kg in my bags regardless of what the sports equipment weighed. Never had this problem before. Cue a discussion, demand for supervisor (who initially backed-up the check in guy), finally resolved when I showed the relevant section on easyjet.com from my phone.

On the way back I had booked carriage for an extra set of skis - we had some extra stuff to bring back and I had also purchased and new set of skis in resort. Packed 3 x skis into 2 x sportubes. Total weight of the 3 bags and 2 sportubes came to c115kg vs our new allowance of 120kg. Girl on check in stated I needed to check-in 3 ski bags to qualify for the weight allowance for 3 sports equipment. Again had to ask for supervisor who resolved immediately with an apology - check in girl also apologised with a smile saying she had learnt something new.

Just thought I would warn all to be prepared in case you meet something similar. I must say never had an issue with this before, we use EasyJet several times over each season so is probably a one off.

BTW no issues with ABS as per usual....just a shame there was not much cause to take it as the off-piste was very limited due to lack of snow!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 27-02-17 17:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had exactly the same issue at mid term flying Belfast - Liverpool - Geneva w EasyJet - 2 hold bags (20kg each) and small sports (ski bag @ 20kg)

The Belfast bag check person initially seemed to think I had 2 sports bags booked on & eventually figured it on the system - this has happened a few times now so their system doesn't seem too obvious

The Liverpool bag check lady wasn't sure if my weight distribution includes the sports bag but let it go on - so I didn't need to pull up easyjet weight allowances paragraph which was sitting ready on my phone

It's interesting that the crazy busy Geneva easy jet bag check has never been a problem
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Same problem at Munich last year with a double ski bag. IMO they were trying it on but soon buckled in face of evidence. I do wonder if some of these agents, as opposed to EJ staff, have some kind of target or incentive scheme for additional fees obtained?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did not have any problems flying EJ Gatwick to Basel recently. The bag drop at Gatwick doesn't cope with large items and the helpful assistant simply recorded ski bag and boot bag as 7.5kg each! The return was equally simple although the bags were weighed properly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't think it can easily be attributed as the problem of a specific airline, it's generally down to specific people.

For the sake of balance, flew EJ to Milan with just ski bag (on booking as sports equipment, so total of 20kg allowance) and weight about 21.5kg on the way out, the woman on check-in looked a bit unsure but let it through. On the way back I threw a bit more stuff in the ski bag (to save weight from my carry on), weighed in at 23.2kg and still let me on with no hassle.

Likewise, checked in at Salzburg and the bag was resting slightly on the side of the conveyor thing, so weighed at 7.5kg. Not bad considering that the bag, skis and poles weigh more than that on their own!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj wrote:
I do wonder if some of these agents, as opposed to EJ staff, have some kind of target or incentive scheme for additional fees obtained?

Of course they are, all ground crew at all airports for all airlines are, always have been!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've not had problems with them for a long time - their check in staff have known how their own system works. There must be a new intake. The relevant page to show them is:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/sports-equipment
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andyrew wrote:
I've not had problems with them for a long time - their check in staff have known how their own system works. There must be a new intake. The relevant page to show them is:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/sports-equipment

Thanks for the link, that is what I showed them but good for others to be aware and prepared.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@andyrew, thanks, have copied and pasted that into my iphone for use later in the month!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy