Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A resort for all peoples

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I have an exacting resort requirement - let's see who can come up with a good-un:
1) Switzerland - my daughter is working through the grades and so we'd like to keep it Swiss
2) Good intermediate/advanced - my mate and I like good reds and blacks to get our teeth into
3) Good beginner - my wife likes gentle blues to potter
4) Walking - my mate's wife does not ski and likes gentle walks (she has health issues)
5) Walking crosses skiing - she likes to walk with him for a couple of hours so accesibility to the slopes with walks around is good
6) Hiking pass on the lifts if possible (she still likes to get about)
7) Drivable from the UK

Now for the tricky bit - it can't be:
1) Wengen/Murren etc - it meets all the above criteria but we've done it to death over the last 7 years
2) Adelboden - likewise
3) St Moritz - beautiful skiing and walking walking routes don't cross skiing routes and a bit too far on the drive

I'm all ears...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zermatt
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arosa? Crans Montana?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arosa Lenzerheide. Arosa is geared up for walkers as well as skiers. Marked paths through the ski areas reached by cable car from the village.

However, I wouldn't drive there. I'd take the train.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Verbier? Or maybe a resort that links in like Nendaz. Zermatt is also a good shout.

We lived en Suisse for a while and loved all the little resorts like Leysin etc, but for a week I'd stick to the bigger ones.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't think Verbier itself is good either for beginners or for walkers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Davos would tick a large number of those boxes, don't know what the drive would be like though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think Nendaz is a great shout. There has been loads of work done in the village over the last few years - a gorgeous 5* hotel and great access to skiing and walking.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Oneff, check out http://www.luxurychaletnendaz.com/
Found them on airbnb, but we actually contacted them via the website and got a better deal!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flims/Laax/Falera?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle wrote:
I don't think Verbier itself is good either for beginners or for walkers.

Having just returned from Verbier, I'm not sure if I agree. There are plenty of blue runs above Medran , gondola off the mountain if the run home should be too much. I saw more walking of every variety than I've seen in years. Lots of quiet gentle cat tracks being used with snowshoes and by 'uphill' skiers. Madeye-Smiley

However, don't go on an half term week. Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saas Fee? Beautiful resort and stunning setting. Lots for the non-skiers including a whole mountain for pedestrians.
Only drawback is its not the biggest area and not a huge number of challenging blacks or off piste. You can do a day trip to Zermatt for more challenges (and a view of the Matterhorn!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy