Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts on the way to Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

I am driving down in mid-march to join friends in Tignes on 19th March, but I have a few days Friday and Saturday on the way down that I could Ski a different lift system?

Any sugestions would be great, I need to be within striking difference to Tignes on the Sunday morning.

Many Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sainte foy......is the closest

but other resorts would be Les Arcs via Bourg St Maurice, La Plagne via Moutiers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Roisiere also on the road up to Tignes. You could stay in Bourg Saint Maurice or Seez and drive to Les Arcs/Le Plagne, La Roisiere/La Thuile, Saint Foy etc - they're all in the same area. Three Valleys within an hour drive too - Meribel/VT/Courcheval etc. I'd wait until closer to the dates and then pick the area with the best snow
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds good, La Rosiere/La Thuille may be fun.

I am having problems getting accommodation for a couple of nights but I am guessing they won't commit themselves until closer to the date?

Many Thanks

J
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@joskin, If you stay in Bourg, ( with access, as above to Rosiere, Tuille, Les Arcs, La Plagne, St Foy. 3V etc.) then for vfm I can recommend the hotel l'Autantic - just on the outskirts. They deal in days not weeks, is a fairly basic, but then relatively cheap, B&B style. Can walk into town for evening meals (but probably not in full ski gear, so need a car for your day trips, but sounds like you'll have one). Does have a pool!

I stay there when down in France during the shoulder seasons or, as at this Christmas, when we want to visit a number of resorts - as in: all those listed above! - and don't want to start with a 30 min drive down from Arcs every day. Has Wifi and ski room.

http://www.autantic.fr/english/

HTH
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd stay at the Ibis budget chain in Albertville and lots of day trip ski options from there. It is not far from Tignes on the 19th March. There is a resort called Albertville which may be worth a half day to gently warm up your skiing legs, quite close to Albertville. Then you could try Les Arcs or Paradski the next day from Bourg St Maurice.

I usually just turned up at the ETAP (this is what it was previously called), and rooms were always available at internet prices.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joskin, why not be a bit more adventurous?
Just before Moutiers, head off the road at Aigueblanche, and continue up the D95 to Valmorel (about 20 minutes): lovely resort, lots of runs, and chance of accommodation in resort or nearby villages.
Or if happy for a bit more detour, then come off at Albertville and head for Espace-Diamant (Les Saisies). We like to head up the D925 then on for D218B to Hauteluce where a chair takes you into the main area - easy to park, friendly lift office, and the lovely Ferme du Chozal for food drinks and accommodation.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@joskin, where are you having trouble finding accommodation? Bourg shouldn't be difficult - it's not a resort, it's a fairly big town
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
There is a resort called Albertville which may be worth a half day to gently warm up your skiing legs....
Pardon Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@joskin,

Try these , very good and do fexiable bookings . Access to Les Arcs and regularly take their clients off to Ste Foy he trips to italy

http://skivillaroger.com
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plenty to choose from in here:

http://pro.savoie-mont-blanc.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/original/application/07853faa0f417f2f2c76be97fb409a94.pdf
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When we've got a few days to spare we often stay at the Balladins at Tournon. It's cheap and friendly. With a car it's pretty easy to get to Espace Diamant (we head for Praz-Sur-Arly. Big free car park and fast uplift), Plagne or Les Arcs (via the funicular from Bourg), La Rosiere or La Tania. Don't know what you'd count as 'striking distance' but it shouldn't be much over 90 mins from there to Tignes Le Lac.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Loads of great ideas thanks, I think I will leave it for 10 days to see if any of the lower slopes get a dump of snow, it would be good to ski an area I have never skied, if not I will head up to Les Arc maybe.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
There is a resort called Albertville which may be worth a half day to gently warm up your skiing legs....

https://www.snow-online.com/ski-resort/albertville.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bigtipper wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

https://www.snow-online.com/ski-resort/albertville.html

Have you skied there? Or do you have another reference from a site that's not total b0llocks?

Whilst purportedly for the ski resort of "Albertville", it has a trail map of Espace Diament, a description for Crest Voland Cohennoz, and a max elevation that matches neither.
latest report
@Bigtipper, That looks to be a German website, maybe not the best source for info on French skiing.

Nobody who knows the area would describe the Espace Diamant as "Albertville Resort".
snow report
I though it was a bit dodgy, as I have never been there. (although having looked I may be tempted if I am there again) Les Saisies is part of the area, so it is probably close enough to Albertville to not make a fuss about the name.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy