Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving From Val d'Isere to Geneva French Side and Avoiding Toll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I have to drive back to Geneva tomorrow morning from Val d'Isere, which is best route to take to avoid the 30 Euro charge or whatever it is is you use the Swiss toll. I need to return the car to car hire place on French side.

Took me over 4 hours getting to Val D from Geneva as didn't know the way, think I went through some peoples back gardens along the way

Please help!

Thanks all
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.gva.ch/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/publications/af.pdf
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@daviddiggler, Maps are here https://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-59/
IF you are not in a rush the route that stays in France is OK. BUT if time is important pay the charge!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hard to explain but.........

Drive from Val towards Geneva.

Just before French/Swiss motorway border crossing, come off the French motorway at little french town called St Julien-en-Genevois.......

Drive through the little town of St Julien-en-Genevois, turn left at the traffic lights oppositte the Train station in St Julien-en-Genevois and follow the road until you cross the French/Swiss border in this town on the non-motorway border crossing (Road is the D1201). Now you will now be in the Swiss town called Perly (you won't even notice it but the town name changes when you cross the border) then keep heading straight for approx 1/2 mile after you have crossed this border, past some garages and petrol stations.

Get into the left hand lane after just under a mile turn left at maybe the 2nd or 3rd set of lights and follow Green signs to the Airport (Green signs in Switzerland are for the Motorway)
Join the motorway on the Swiss side even though you will drive past a sign saying Vignette obligitary.

Drive on the Swiss motorway a few miles and go Past the airport, very soon after the airport take the Ferney exit to come off the motorway (Ferney is in France where the French sector of the airport is).

Drive through a tunnel which is actually under the airport runway. Cross the border back into france immediately after the tunnel. 20 yards after the border turn left at a roundabout made up of cones/temporary barriers. Proceed to drop off hire car.

The 'trick' with this is that you miss the border crossing on the motorway where the Swiss guys would make you buy the Vignette.

Or scrap all of that and just pay the 40CHF at the French/Swiss border at the motorway border crossing?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had to go from Tignes to Geneva at Christmas to collect someone. Tried to stop and buy and "thing" at the border, but all the spaces were full and I couldnt park (should have bought one at the services). So I carried on anyway.

On the return a few hours later, I just carried on. No problem at all.

Are you feeling lucky? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, made it in the end with a small detour towards the end. A combination all your info's got me the result I wanted. Thanks again Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy