Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen - any tips please?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are off to Mayrhofen on 25th, staying in the Edelweiss. Any top tips re mountain restaurants, ski hire shops, bars, runs etc.? Never skied in Austria before so looking forward to it! Have tended to mostly ski in Tignes that I now know well so will have to get used to checking a piste map again.

I am also carrying a bit of an injury so may want to recover in a nice spa on one of the afternoons if anyone can recommend one?

Many thanks
F
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fs, your pass will allow you to ski the whole Zillertal valley from Hintertux at the top down to Fugen at the bottom any anywhere in between. the buses and train are included in the pass. So Hintertux glacier is a must and Kaltenbach is also a goo area and some nice restaurants on piste.

Apres bars....in Mayrhofen.....the ice bar and there's one over the bridge and turn left as if you were walking to the cable car that goes up the Ahorn. can't remember its name but it was banging!! Ahorn side is a bit small and boring, although there is a bar up there made entirely of ice!

Enjoy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you done a search on here for Mayrhofen? There's loads of useful advice already from this season, including ski hire.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Ahorn is small with easy blues but the run from the top down to the village is a great run if conditions are good. It's a black but not a particularly difficult one and whenever I've skied it I've had it pretty much to myself. The ice building isn't a bar, its a hotel. If you go up there go into the Ahornhutte restaurant owned by former world cup racer, Uli Speiss. There's plenty of memorabilia on display from his career and a couple of bronze medals his mother won at the 1948 Olympics. The main ski area is on Penken. You'll find the runs generally shorter than Tignes but good nonetheless. Apart from Penken, Eggallm is worth skiing and Hintertux is good for a day with great views at the top.
As for bars there's Scotland Yard which tends to be full of youngsters, Mo's which often has live music and, my favourite, the sports bar of the hotel Strass. It has a resident musician, Brian Cristopher who's English, and is brilliant.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ice Bar at the base of the Penkenbahn for apres, also you must go and see Brian Cristopher at the sports bar (Hotel Strass), he's absolutely brilliant http://www.briancristopher.com/austria.html

If you're feeling brave, ski Harakiri - the steepest pisted run in Austria. It's STEEP (but mercifully short). The black opposite it is lovely as well, with a steep final pitch.

I'd recommend going over to Ahorn on the first day. Lovely cruisey runs, relaxing ice bar at the top, and a good run back down to the town - the only sector where you can ski back to base.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perfect - thanks everyone, really good tips. Really excited!

I had searched but you just get loads of times Mayrhofen has been mentioned in respect to completely different questions. I wasn't being lazy, I promise!

Idid find a recommendation of green room for ski hire in trip advisor and it is right opposite the hotel so I will probably go for that for convenience.

Thanks
F
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And I think I will be giving Harikir a miss having just googled it! My OH is keen but as he is incapable of reading a piste map, I think I will just take him down another black and tell him that was it. Shhhh... our secret! wink
F
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@fs, Do another search but click the title only option rather than title and thread. That way you only get threads that are about Mayrhofen rather than threads where it is more tangential. If you're a decent intermediate or better the Harikiri shouldn't hold too many fears if conditions are good. It isn't very long and the really steep bit is no more than a few turns. I stopped at the top of it and wondered what the hell I was doing there but it was fine once I got going and I'm no expert.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Consider getting a locker: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=129882&highlight=

Have a look at this thread for hire recommendations: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127457&highlight=

Rent4Fun are opposite the lockers at the bottom of the Penkenbahn.

Don't feel under any pressure to ski Harakiri. It's quite dull and there are much better runs to choose from.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone. I was wondering about getting a locker as have a bad back so not lugging skis around would be good. And easier for Apres.

I don't mind short and steep (long, steep and icy i object to!) so will see what it looks like (and how the back is) when I am there.

Thanks for the tip re search functionality; was doing it on the phone so not easy to see. Will search with the correct boxes ticked now! Smile
F
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you get the munchies after a few radlers in the afternoon then Hans the butchers is the only place for you, bang opposite the Penken gondola on the Main Street , steer clear if your a vegetarian !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree with @Corky, but would add and recommend the Horberg area runs (the other side of the Penken runs down into the valley) and the Rastkogel area (cable car up from the far end of the Penken/Horberg valley bottom). Good selection of lovely wide blue to red runs (mainly). If you come back from Rastkogel you have a choice of a red run back which can get rather choppy and busily-amusing rolling eyes or just get the cable car back (via a small rope tow) and eiter then go up to come down the Penken gondolas or return via Horberg lift and ski bus.

The run down from Ahorn is (or was) a nice red for the first half (used to be graded red for the whole length) and then has a chair going back up so you don't have to do the whole long thing right down to the bottom.

I quite like getting the ski bus to Horberg and going directly up there, which then gives you a choice of Horberg or Penken as it brings you out at the bottom of the valley between them, and avoids the busy Penken area (if you want to - personally I'm not a fan of the runs there).

Also, as @gazzaredcruiser said, getting the train to go to a ski area is a novel experience (though Kaltenbach can get annoyingly busy on the main runs in my experience), and Hintertux is a must (get up to the top reds, which are lovely long open ones and not too steep at all, with a gondola top to bottom - but watch the weather, it can get cold up there at times).

The ski bus system is very good, and where you are staying there is a stop literally round the corner (as are several bars Very Happy ) so I wouldn't worry about a locker. If you want to get the train you'll have to walk there, but it isn't too far at all really.

Where you are staying has a lovely restaurant which does pizzas and weiner schnitzel (sp?) as well as lots of other stuff, plus a terrace coffee/beer bar which is really nice for a gentle apres, especially if the sun's out.

Anyway, there's loads to go at, so choose your area accordingly to conditions for and during the day. It's a really good place, for on-piste and apres, plus a few nice browsing shops for trinkets and serious gear.

Have a lovely time Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thank you, F@Grizzler,
So looking forward to it now!
F
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Green Room for ski hire was great for us earlier this year. I got brand new skis.

Ahorn back into the town was lovely for us. Conditions were great, and so quiet, almost like a private piste.

Best resto on the mountain we found was the schneerkarhut or something. At the top of the shneerker lift. Probably completely the wrong spelling! Also good was the vogulsnest down in he valley if you take the ski route to eggalm. Also good and cheap was the butchers opposite the main penken lift and Kostners for lunch or an early dinner, good coffee and stroodle. There was also a place called Goldkind on the right as you walk from Penken towards Kostners. Great healthier foods. Not beige!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you prefer apres ski coffee and cake rather than beer, Cafe Kostner is top quality.
snow report
Can't believe how much I've read on here that I completely disagree with! Still, everyone's entitled to their opinions and it's all subjective anyway.

I don't see how a trip to Hintertux is "a must". The skiing is limited, takes ages to get there and it's generally just a bit bleak. I agree that to get the most out of Mayrhofen you have to get the most use out of your Zillertal lift pass, but you're a lot better off going to Kaltenbach/Hoch Fugen or Zell am Ziller. Zell is great because you've got four resorts linked up, Zell, Gerlos, Konigsleiten and Hoch Krimml. If you can get from one side to the other and back again in a day you're doing pretty well.

Avoid the Ice Bar, it's just nasty and expensive. Brucke n Stadl at the top of town is a much better apres bar. But definitely go in Gasser, the butchers at the bottom of the Penkenbahn. It's brilliant.

Ahorn is a good choice for your first day. It's good for practicing your technique before going over to Penken which is more challenging and far busier. The Ahorn Talabfahrt (valley run) is a brilliant run, one of the best in the valley.

Don't ski the Harikiri. It's a dreadful run. If you want a good black, on the opposite side of the Horberg bowl is Devils Run (used to be Black 17, but that changed a few years ago and I never caught up). It's far better.

Best runs on Penken are probably Red 7 (I think it's now Red 10 on the new piste maps? It goes from the top of Horberg to the bottom) and the combination of runs from the top of the 150 cable car to the foot of the Eggalm ski area. Very long run. And skiing Eggalm is nice too, very quiet. Getting back over to the Penkenbahn is a bit of a pain, lots of lifts, but you can enjoy the apres bars in Lanersbach/Vorderlanersbach and get the free Green Line coach home instead. Or if you get very lucky with snow, the ski route from the top of the Penkenbahn down to the bottom of the Horbergbahn might be open. Doesn't happen very often, but it's a must ski if it's open.

If you've never skied in Austria before you probably won't have had a Jagertee either. It has nothing to do with Jagermeister, it's a hunters tea. The best one is from the Pilz Bar on Penken (look for the mushroom motif). You will ski like Franz Klammer after a mug. Or the Schoko Rum is a good one as well.

Best hire shop in town is Green Room.

Scotland Yard (Scotties) is one of my favourite night spots, but jackets get nicked from there on a very regular basis, to keep it close to you. The other place I used to drink in a lot is Apropos, near the church, but it tends to be a bit quiet these days. Certainly wouldn't recommend the Strass sports bar though.
latest report
There is loads of great skiing included in your lift pass that most people staying in Mayrhofen (in my experience) never seem to do or even know they can do. Off the top of my head at least once during your trip I'd recommend taking the early bus to Gerlos, doing the local skiing, then working your way back across to Zell am Ziller from where you can get the train back to Mayrhofen. Great day out. And spend a day in Kaltenbach finishing up on Stephan Eberharter's goldpiste. Stop at the restaurant half way down for a jagertee, coffee or whatever and wait until it's floodlit and empty to finish the run. Lovely.
snow report
swiftoid wrote:
And spend a day in Kaltenbach finishing up on Stephan Eberharter's goldpiste.

Agree wth all that, but a note about The Eberharter. Brilliant run, like the Ahorn, one of the best in the valley, but do it earlier in the day rather than later. In the afternoon you can have so many people coming down it at the end of their days skiing that it can become pretty dangerous in my opinion!
ski holidays
huw_jenks wrote:

Agree wth all that, but a note about The Eberharter. Brilliant run, like the Ahorn, one of the best in the valley, but do it earlier in the day rather than later. In the afternoon you can have so many people coming down it at the end of their days skiing that it can become pretty dangerous in my opinion!

I've only ever been in January but all the times we've done it we've had it to ourselves all the way from the restaurant half way down. We've just sat on the terrace and waited for everyone to go then had a great time on our own.

The black down into Zell am Ziller at the coaster thing though - that has always been total carnage. Lots of people totally out of their depth falling all over the place and a few utter morons bombing down at breakneck speeds between them. I'm surprised I haven't seen a serious injury on that one. I'm downloading at the end of the day there from now on.
snow report
@huw_jenks,

Agree with everything. Also had a load of jackets stolen in the Harikiri bar on the main drag.
ski holidays
Had a blast there a few weeks ago. The bruck n stadt by the ahorn lift was good fun, and the butchers is a must do, my vegetarian mate hated it Very Happy . Hintertux was great fun but bloody cold. Did a different resort every day getting the bus and train and then rode between resorts as well, covered about 220km in total over the week. Penken was probably the least impressive, but still great fun. Did the run down from Ahorn at the end of the day a few times, and that was good.

Totally different to NZ (where I'm from), and loved it there.
snow conditions
swiftoid wrote:
huw_jenks wrote:

The black down into Zell am Ziller at the coaster thing though - that has always been total carnage. Lots of people totally out of their depth falling all over the place and a few utter morons bombing down at breakneck speeds between them. I'm surprised I haven't seen a serious injury on that one. I'm downloading at the end of the day there from now on.

I haven't actually done the black down from Zell yet! It's quite new isn't it, and hasn't been open when I was last there. Funnily enough, your description of your experience on there is exactly what I remember the Eberharter being like on those busy afternoons! Is it a good run when it's quiet?

There's another good abfahrt at Kaltenbach, on the far left of the piste map. Rather than going to the lift station in Kaltenbach it goes to the village of Aschau where it's a short walk (5 mins downhill) to the train station to get back to Mayrhofen. There's no lift back up, and for this reason it's always really really quiet, and a good run down at the end of the day.
ski holidays
I'd do the Kaltenbach valley run first thing in the morning as a warm up, rather than end of day getting mixed up in the carnage.
Not done the new Zell-am-Ziller valley run, but I'd do the same there too.
Neither have big queues in the morning IME, so not a problem there.

At Kaltenbach, I tend to ski straight over to Hochfugen side where it's a bit quieter.
At Zell-am-Ziller, I tend to head over to Gerlos and beyond. The big plateau there is ace for practicing those carvy turns.
Drop down from there towards Königsleiten is a black run, with no other option, but the red to get back is a blast.

No idea about spas and stuff.
snow report
huw_jenks wrote:
Can't believe how much I've read on here that I completely disagree with! Still, everyone's entitled to their opinions and it's all subjective anyway.

Yes, I can't say I agree with everything you've said either Wink

Quote:
I don't see how a trip to Hintertux is "a must". The skiing is limited, takes ages to get there and it's generally just a bit bleak. I agree that to get the most out of Mayrhofen you have to get the most use out of your Zillertal lift pass, but you're a lot better off going to Kaltenbach/Hoch Fugen or Zell am Ziller. Zell is great because you've got four resorts linked up, Zell, Gerlos, Konigsleiten and Hoch Krimml. If you can get from one side to the other and back again in a day you're doing pretty well.

I loved the Hintertux glacier, we had a fantastic day out there in bright sunshine and I'd say it's definitely worth a visit if the weather's good. The views were spectacular, the snow was absolutely perfect, and the runs were vast, wide and not too busy. There was a gorgeous black run to one side which left the whole group grinning from ear to ear. It's the best glacier I've skied on!

We visited two of the other areas, and I wouldn't bother again. Wasted loads of time getting there and back, and didn't think the skiing was that much better to make it worth it.

Quote:
Avoid the Ice Bar, it's just nasty and expensive. Brucke n Stadl at the top of town is a much better apres bar.

Again, horses for courses. I'd say it's worth a visit to see the ice sculptures, DJ and the hotel bit! It was absolutely lovely to sit with a beer on the deck chairs in the sun for 20 minutes mid-morning looking at the beautiful view. We didn't find it "nasty" or especially expensive.

Quote:
If you've never skied in Austria before you probably won't have had a Jagertee either. It has nothing to do with Jagermeister, it's a hunters tea. The best one is from the Pilz Bar on Penken (look for the mushroom motif). You will ski like Franz Klammer after a mug. Or the Schoko Rum is a good one as well.

Jagertee is absolutely VILE.

Quote:
Scotland Yard (Scotties) is one of my favourite night spots, but jackets get nicked from there on a very regular basis, to keep it close to you.

HATED Scotland Yard. So rammed you couldn't even get to the bar, and very smoky. Zero atmosphere considering it was so busy.

Quote:
Certainly wouldn't recommend the Strass sports bar though.

When Brian's playing it's absolutely brilliant. Great apres atmosphere.

So there you go!!
snow report
Just back from Mayrhofen and enjoyed the skiing, can't comment on the nightlife as GF's daughter with us.
stayed in the Scheulinghof which was a great location for us and a lovely hotel. It backs onto the ahorn, so you can wander over for your first run. Ahorn is a one run hill for me, it's good but thats it.
Mayrhofen is good skiing and usually do a couple of days there, but do prefer zell and hoch zillertal. with zell (imho) being the best of the bunch. we usually hire a car and the parking is a breeze, equally was there last year and used the railway which was ok as well.

places to eat on the hill are ok, the wedelhutte, kristalhutte and Holzalm in hoch zillertal/fugen. Arena Stadl in zell and a couple i can't remember in Mayrhofen. But for impressiveness they certainly dont rival Ischgl, or consistency of food for that matter.

Mayrhofen as a base is excellent though, fav place to eat is the Perauer, but overall it's all pretty good. intending going back next year for first trip.
snow conditions
If you're not super into the apres, or if you have a night off, it's well worth getting out early - our experience has been that it's such a party town that the slopes on the Penken are pretty empty until about 10, so being out at 8 was time very well spent.

If you do go to Hochzillertal, the Wedelhuette is quite an experience for lunch. There are some great runs up there and in contrast to an earlier poster we found it much quieter than Mayrhofen.

If any of you is a draglift-hating weirdo like me be aware that there are some very tricky examples at the top of Hintertux. I would agree that it is a must-do though, if only for the views. The big restaurant between stage 2 and 3 of the gondola gave us a pretty good self-service lunch as I recall.

Don't know about smaller spas but the Erlebnisbad Mayrhofen is pretty good - there are jacuzzis in the main pool and there is a separate wellness area with steam rooms and the like.

I second the butcher recommnendation. The Tiroler Speck is something else as well. We also liked the dairy shop on the high street - the cheese selection is great and they also sell glasses of probably the most delicious milk on the planet.
latest report
@HoneyBunny, I think you may be mixing up the White Lounge with the Ice bar.

Agreed, get the weather right and you will have a fantastic day at Hintertux.

http://youtube.com/v/zlBAQNcR1PA
latest report
@JimboS, Ahh yes, you're right. I was surprised he thought the White Lounge was that bad - but then he hated everything else I liked Very Happy

I still don't think the Ice Bar is "nasty and expensive", we had a few great apres sessions in there - I think if you're with fun people, you have a good time.

Your vid demonstrates why Hintertux is lovely - look at those vast pistes!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
huw_jenks wrote:

I haven't actually done the black down from Zell yet! It's quite new isn't it, and hasn't been open when I was last there. Funnily enough, your description of your experience on there is exactly what I remember the Eberharter being like on those busy afternoons! Is it a good run when it's quiet?

There's another good abfahrt at Kaltenbach, on the far left of the piste map. Rather than going to the lift station in Kaltenbach it goes to the village of Aschau where it's a short walk (5 mins downhill) to the train station to get back to Mayrhofen. There's no lift back up, and for this reason it's always really really quiet, and a good run down at the end of the day.

I've only ever seen the Eberharter quiet and it's been fantastic every time. Especially the first time we did it (the second bit from the restaurant anyway) it was empty, dark and dumping down big dry flakes. Skiing down in fresh snow watching the flakes falling in the floodlights it was one of the most magical skiing moments I've had.

I've never done the black into Zell when it's been quiet. Everytime we've been there it's been horrendously busy and really quite scary (due to the people on it, not the slope itself).

I forgot to mention the run down into Aschau. Done that a couple of times and it's brilliant! Well worth the walk to the bus at the end. There's a lovely little restaurant with a great atmosphere to stop at on the way down too if you fancy a little break snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

Jagertee is absolutely VILE.

blasphemy
latest report
Love mayrhofen and all the linked resorts. The train is easy peasy and quick. Harikari is not for the faint hearted as the first 50 metres when I did it were sheet ice although the steep bit is relatively short lived but never do anything you are not confident in. I hated the ice bar but loved the more traditional barn style place up near the ahorn lift, brilliant a apres party
snow report
We went to mayrhofen regularly for a few years now moved on to saalbach. Would go back no problem. We just wanted a change of scenery. Our daily 'routine' involved the elchbar straight from the slopes at the penkenbahn lift station then when it closed down to the ice bar (it's not somewhere you'd go on a date! But in a big group we have a good laugh). I'm also not a lover of Scotland Yard, also find it lacking atmosphere. But pizza isn't bad. Brucken stadl is a good shout, and the sports bar. The pork sandwiches from the shop by the penkenbahn base lift cannot go unmentioned 😀
ski holidays
Bars – Funkys, Mikes Sports Bar, Scotties and Apropros
Restaurants – Peruarer, Tiroler Stuben and Wirtshaus zum Griena
Apres Ski – Pilzbar and Bruck n Stadl
All things Ski – Greenroom
Ski School – Ski School Habeler
Spa – Small one in Mayrhofen, however much bigger one at Fugen which you can get to on the train quite easily. http://www.erlebnistherme-zillertal.at/
Mountain Restaurants - Schneekarhutte
Runs - 150 lift up onto Rastkogel and then work you way over to Eggalm which is accessed via ski route on the far side
snow conditions
Thanks everyone. Crazily packing now and hoping my back/ sciatica holds out for me to enjoy all the runs you've recommended.
F
snow report
Hi, I'm just wondering about the rub from ahorn down to the village! I am confident on reds and tried my first black slope last year! I'm heading back again getting a few lessons and hoping to try more Black's this year! Is it a very hard run or would I be able to manage it?
Thanks
latest report
@thefint, the Ahorn run starts as a blue run from the exit of the Cable Car and then takes a right turn into a red by the exit of the 6 man chair. As the red gets steeper there is entrance to a narrow blue section of bends that lets you avoid the steeper red that goes straight down. At the end of this blue section you rejoin the main red, not too steep. After a couple of hundred metres there is another narrow blue section on the left if you want to avoid the steeper main red. At the exit of the blue section you can traverse the red, keep right and arrive at the six man chair. This will allow you to abort the run to the bottom.

The run now enters the black phase. From just before the lift you will see a wide steep pitch which will allow you to make a decision about continuing. The remainder of the run consists of wide steep pitches that are linked by narrow blue like trundles. The last pitch can often be the more difficult because it may be icy if conditions are freeze thaw. I find that late morning is often the best time to ski the run.
snow report
I recall that the last bit, now black, used to be a red until about 4 or 5 years ago. I heard that there was a fatality on it, and they decided to upgrade its colour. Might well be because it can get icy and is often artificial snow, especially lower down, so late season it gets more patchy and 'unpleasant'. Could be wrong...
ski holidays
Hi all,

Jumping on this if you don’t mind.

After much searching I think the OH and I have settled on Mayrhofen for our late season trip. Having never been before I was hoping for some tips and advice.

Firstly, we are flying into Innsbruck. I'll probably hire a car but just looking at other options, can anyone recommend a transfer company? Another reason for hiring a car would be so that we can explore the area if needed (due to poor conditions...see next question)
Usual "no one can predict weather that far ahead" disclaimer applied...but how are the pistes usually in the last week of March?
We will certainly go and visit the Glacier on one day. Does the lift pass cover the bus up there if we don't fancy driving it?

We are confident intermediates and from what I've read, the area should suit us well? After tackling the Jean Blanc and Suisses blacks in Courch this year, I also fancy a crack at the Harakiri!

The accommodation we have found is a 5 minute walk to the Penkenbahn. How are the lift queues in the morning there, especially out of peak times?

Finally, whilst we on half board we may fancy eating out a couple of times. How are the prices in the town (not on the mountain)? Nothing too fancy, but decent wholesome food required!

Thanks in advance!
snow report
Four seasons travel are a transfer company based in the airport. Hire car is not necessary as there is good free public transport up and down the valley, however it can be a nice to have to avoid the packed bus back from Hintertux and easier access to Zell.

We typically go there the last week of March or the first week of April (for the last 19 years) and have a combination of baking hot days as well as powder days.

There will be no queues at the end of March and the snow conditions are more than likely to be great. Prices on the hill and the village are very good value and cheap compared to France.
latest report
@Fridge03, I can recommend Four Seasons Travel aka Tirol Taxis come highly recommended.

https://www.tirol-taxi.at/en-home

Use them regularly.

Zillertal super ski pass includes travel on the Zillertalerbahn plus all ski buses in the valley as well as most local buses inc Green Line to the glacier.
All buses and trains are well coordinated and a car in not necessary to enjoy all ski areas on the lift pass.

The snow at the end of March should not be a problem in quantity this season but as always it’s quality will depend on the temperature and time of day. Generally it could be icy in the morning at low levels because of freeze thaw conditions and the might be slushy later on. Best to get out early and finish early. Beware of the transition from good snow at altitude to the icy piste at low levels. Much depends on day time temps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy