Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne General Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys
The missus and I are off to La Plagne next Saturday and are staying in Plagne 1800. I'm an early intermediate (so reasonably confident on blues and easy reds) whilst she was previously early expert but hasn't skied for about nine years. Can anybody recommend some good blues in the area of Plagne 1800 for her to 'find her legs' again? Also what are the most enjoyable runs in the area both red and blue? I suspect we'll stay in La Plagne for the first half and then head over to Paradiski for the second.
Cheers
KB
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of La Plagne advice in this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126687&highlight=
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kid bwapo, you'll have more than enough in La Plagne without needing to head over to Les Arcs imo.

Personally I like the Mont Blanc, Pierre Blanche and Levasset runs. Also the blues from the top of the Arpette lift back to Bellecote are good to get your ski legs. A nice red can be Inversens, although it's fairly steep in places it's also massively wide so you can really work it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure what colour it is (I know the best bit at the very top is black) but the long run from the top of the Roche de Mio to Champagne is very enjoyable.

I agree with @SnoodlesMcFlude, there is plenty in La Plagne at this grade without heading over to Les Arcs
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kid bwapo, welcome to SnowHeads, and welcome to La Plagne (there in spirit just now - not in person for 3 weeks).
I presume you have studied the piste map.
To "find your legs" from 1800, go up the Melezes lift, then the Bergerie and come back down the run (Ecartée).
Make sure you do this before 0930 or you'll get caught in the Lift School Queues.
Once you are happy there, then head over to Bellecote and head up the Arpette lift as suggested by SnoodlesMcFlude.

What are the most enjoyable is really too subjective and dependent on conditions to offer any helpful suggestions. Just try them out for yourself.
I presume by "Paradiski" you meant Les Arcs - if so, I wouldn't think of trying that trip more than once in your week - there's plenty in La Plagne without making the long trek.

I really like the johnE's idea of a run to Champagne - and there is indeed an extra lovely boost to your day in drinking bubbly up the mountain outside on a sunny day.
But the run from Roche de Mio down to the Champagny sector (Levasset) is indeed a fun long "bomber" - the top isn't black, just very busy: known to many as the M25.
Then, as you're there, try out all the runs on the Champagny side, ending with the wonderful Borselier restaurant by the bottom of Borseliers lift: perfect for the glass of Champagne snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When down in Champagne do'nt forget to look over at Courchevel. It's surprising how close they are.
On a sunny day take a trip up to the Bellcote glacier, even just for the views, from memory you can see the grand motte in Tigers.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonpim, I hate autocorrect. Thank you for the correction
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, that's really helpful advice!
KB
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy