Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice re Snoworks Race Academy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Sowheads. Looking to book a ski holuday with my son (14, advanced skier) and considering a Snoworks Race training course in Tignes which seems to get highly rated on this forum. He is fast and confident but more interested at the moment in freestyle than racing. Anyone have any experience of the Snoworks course and know how much they mix it up with other skills and if it is mostly aimed at racing only? It' a long day 9.30-4.30, so I'm sure there must be some variety? There are no freestyle teen courses the week I am looking at, but alternative is a different (more expensive) week and TDC Freestyle Teen afternoon course.

Any advice, personal exoerience gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did a Snoworks summer ski course and they were pretty flexible in accommodating what people wanted to do provided there is enough interest in the group and they have the instructors to cover it. Give Phil Smith from Snoworks a call to ask as he's very helpful.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks, I have tried to ring them up but had better luck on email (being UK half-term this week I imagine they are very busy). They said they do have some variety skiing off the race track but was hoping someone on the forum had first hand experience of the Junior Race Training course might have a view. He is very keen (but more on freestyle than racing) but I don't want to put him off if it is too intense/ focused on racing and he ends up not enjoying it. (I am an intermediate skier so not easy for me to judge!).

Thanks again
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GEF wrote:
... (being UK half-term this week I imagine they are very busy) ...

Or in Bormio.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, thank you - I was blissfully ignorant, but looked that up and found some clips from the Championships. Are you there or do you know someone competing?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If he's interested in freestyle and not interested in racing, I would book a freestyle course rather than a race course. Although it's unlikely that they would spend the whole week training gates during a race course, and there are a lot of transferable skills from racing into other aspects of skiing, the context would likely be racing and if he doesn't find that interesting he probably won't enjoy it as much. What's his opinion?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GEF wrote:
He is fast and confident but more interested at the moment in freestyle than racing.

IMHO he is going to hate a dedicated week race course, you could put him off skiing for life!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for your advice. Kitenski - that is exactly what I was worried about! Have taken your advice and booked the more expensive holiday week which has the options he wants to do available.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My husband and I did the Race Carve week in 2014. It is pretty full on gate training- some skills development to support the carve technique, but all focused towards improving GS turns around gates. We loved it as it was exactly what we wanted. It was one of the most demanding weeks I have ever experienced and it was one of the best, but you definitely need to be interested in race skills.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy