Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski welt

Poster: A snowHead
@Vitesse2l,

We're passing through Wörgl at about 4.00 Saturday morning. Joys of an early flight![/quote

You said you were in Ellmau. Don't got to Worgl, turn off to Kufstein. (unless you are getting picked up there!!)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Other forecasts say cold and dry - i'll take that.......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

You said you were in Ellmau. Don't got to Worgl, turn off to Kufstein. (unless you are getting picked up there!!)

It's a pickup stop on the way back!

Today started off low vis, high wind and snow showers at the Hartkaiser so we decided to play safe and tranfer to Going around 11. Of course conditions improved after that but Going was new to us and we had a couple of runs and enjoyed a long lunch before downloading.

Snow at lower levels is heavy going and the nursery slopes don't have much time left I think.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I shall find out tomorrow..........................

Updates to follow.............

Two consecutive trips to the same place ? Unheard of.........

And its Austria..............its too low you know..............
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Enjoy your holiday Maersk, I'm sure time in Austria is better than time at work!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Blooming boiling here! Best snow on the upper slopes (as they say!). Lower runs slush puppy. Having a beer and watching people fall over.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@maggi, Yep, about 17 degrees I believe it was supposed to be.
We were guided from Hopfgarten to Ellmau and back today. I was working v hard at staying upright in aforementioned slush/lumpiness late pm and failing to a couple of times. 😆
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Morgan all!
As they say a bad days skiing is better than a bad day at work......
Stay high, start early and finish earlier. Scheffau has the best snow, the black to the gondola mid station was superb. Best to go to Westendorf, or as we did on Monday, Kitzbuhel via Ki West and a three minute bus.
Anything remotely non north facing is deep slush by midday and already soft by ten......
BUT, the sun is warm and the beer is cold....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That should read 'a good day at work'
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are off to Ellmau in a week's time. We are 8 40-something women who have anywhere between one week and 250 days skiing experience, and we can't wait! We are not worried about the slush, as long as there is something to ski on somewhere on the mountain for at least a couple of hours a day, the sun is out, and the bars are still open Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pandora, no danger of the bars shutting....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Soll yesterday, Westerndorf the day before, today Auffach and Alpach. Best day for me so far, just fab.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cinsha wrote:
Soll yesterday, Westerndorf the day before, today Auffach and Alpach. Best day for me so far, just fab.

Who are you being guided around by?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Cinsha, are you all there next week as well? I'm heading out on Saturday for a week in the slush.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Going out Bristol Salzburg on Saturday for a week to Kirchberg if you need showing around
ski holidays
@sugarmoma666, we are staying at the Hotel Staffler and it is part of their service. I haven't looked at a piste map!!!
snow conditions
@captainslow, Howdy you. No, we leave on Sat so shame to miss you. Are you on the EoSB?
Conditions are a ok up high and early doors. They hv us out the door at crack of. Up every morn at 06.35 hrs so far! 😱 But thoroughly enjoying myself.Have a great time.
Just been told our group is doing Penning (never heard of it) tomorrow with lunch in Kitzbuhel.
snow conditions
Shame you're heading off before we arrive, happy to meet up for a beer with anyone that is about.

Can't make EoSB this year, new house and job getting in the way.

Happy to have some time on snow before it all melts.
ski holidays
Seriously hot today. Skiing bare headed and in danger of sunstroke! Sitting in a deck chair weather. I'm glad we didn't book next week. Good luck to those who have. Rain forecast for tomorrow evening so that won't help. OH just suggested we stay in bar all afternoon as he is falling asleep Laughing .
latest report
http://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/berg/

Ill take this for the next seven days
snow report
Cinsha wrote:
@captainslow, Howdy you. No, we leave on Sat so shame to miss you. Are you on the EoSB?
Conditions are a ok up high and early doors. They hv us out the door at crack of. Up every morn at 06.35 hrs so far! 😱 But thoroughly enjoying myself.Have a great time.
Just been told our group is doing Penning (never heard of it) tomorrow with lunch in Kitzbuhel.

I'll be interesting to hear what you think of Kitzbuhel if you ski there. I found really disappointing, with far too many flat roads. It was even worse for my other half on a board.
snow conditions
Cinsha wrote:
@sugarmoma666, we are staying at the Hotel Staffler and it is part of their service. I haven't looked at a piste map!!!

I like the idea of being taken to different places, but to me part of the fun is looking at the piste map, and choosing routes Happy
ski holidays
@sugarmoma666, you won't find Penning on a piste Map!
snow report
@sugarmoma666, We did ski mostly Kitzbuhel in the v warm sun. As you say quite a few roads to traverse, some of which were getting rather rutted and lumpy later which I detest, as not my forte managing that stuff on narrow piste.
But I did love doing the blacks, which I never aspire to, but they were in great shape. No's 23, 16b and ummm, ?38? One was what I considered v steep (1:3 ish) so I was delighted to get down it with some grace. snowHead Much more grace than I do mogul slush which of course there was a lot of later.
I too usually like to read the map and know where I am but it makes a change to just chill and follow after consultation.
snow report
We're out in Kitzbuhel next week but will be keen to hear what the snow is like in Westondorf. I suspect Pass Thurn will be the best snow though.
ski holidays
@Cinsha, we found that the blacks in SkiWelt got a lot less traffic and were far nicer to ski than some of the reds and blues.
ski holidays
Last week the top of Westendorf was skiing beautifully. Below mid station was pretty soft after mid day. Also pretty soft towards the bottom of Fleiding. I expect it will continue like that.
snow conditions
25 degrees in soll yesterday pm! Plenty semi Freddie water about.
Everything ok till about 10.30 then north facets only hochsoll pretty good all day. Westerndorf better, kitzbuhel better still
Raining this morning and overcast
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now very wet, wet, wet here
ski holidays
Raining on and off from yest eve and seems set in today.
snow report
Just back from a week skiing in the sun, based out of Soll and my neighbours think I have been to the caribbean!!!! Blue skies all week, but unfortunately rain was falling as we left early this morning. However if you are travelling out to the skiwelt, due to the great piste management, the pistes are still perfect first thing and I noticed that they were allowing customers on to the Soll Gondola from 8.10 am, rather than the advertised start time of 8.30 am. We still managed to get nearly 70k of piste skied in a day with an early start, heading over to Going and then coming back via Ellmau and Scheffau. The only way to ski Westendorf was by getting the gondola down to Brixen from near the Iglu bar, then the Choralpe gondola up to the very top. the locals were saying that conditions are at least a fortnight in advance of where they normally are, so ski early and enjoy all the higher runs. dobby is right, the blacks are some of the better protected runs and are great first thing.
Three tips - 1. Ski early 2. Enjoy the higher slopes if possible 3. See Frog on the Tyne at the Holzalm Bar in Brixen (5 beers and a schnapps was great for the technique) and they are brilliant (as always)!
snow conditions
Judging by the web cams, SkiWelt has closed a week early......................

Supposedly open until 9th April.........

for grass skiing.
latest report
@Maersk, yep. All done for this season😕
latest report
Late start and an early finish - like a British plumber then...............
latest report
Just keep coming up the road and ski over here in Kitz
snow report
@Maersk, I've been looking at SkiWelt website since December and I thought Skiwelt was always going to shut on 2 April.
ski holidays
Just got it in my head that it was the ninth, looking at their website it would appear you are right.

It was VERY gloopy the second week of March - with no refreeze overnight................

Still beers in the sun from midday was not too onerous......
snow conditions
The lift pass price page shows low season ending on the 8th so I guess that was the original plan.
ski holidays
@Maersk, it was gloopy at the end of January.....it did refreeze overnight, though. Beers weren't bad either
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy