Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski welt

Poster: A snowHead
We have had an amazing last day. Fresh snow but a little icy where it's been scraped away. We didn't go to Westendorf ( partly due to my 16 year old daughter moaning about the possible walk!) We decided to ski our favourite runs across Elmau , scheffau and Soll.
So sorry to be leaving this lovely area and returning to work etc.
Off to discover Saltzburg tomorrow due to a late flight.
Here's to our next adventure.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad it worked out ok in the end!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skilass, so pleased that you had a great final day, we are going again in two weeks time, really cheap flights to Munich, Bed and Breakfast accommodation and a hire car comes in at an amazing 310 pounds each! Too good to say no, particularly with snow forecast throughout this week. We normally stay at the Postwirt or Tyrol in Soll, but there is a great website with accommodation across the skiwelt. https://www.wilderkaiser.info/en/. Great accommodation in all the resorts. The conditions really make a difference, wherever you go and as a result we always tend to book last minute if we can. Safe trip home.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That sounds a cracking price. Unfortunately we are stuck to school holidays due to job and teenage daughter. Maybe someday we'll get those cheap deals.......
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skilass, I hope that you all had a great week. You might be surprised, flights to Munich via easy-jet always tend to be a a bit cheaper than Salzburg or Innsbruck, even during the school holidays, particularly if you book well in advance and car hire is priced similarly. If you go to Innsbruck or Salzburg, then independent transfers can work out economical, also because Munich is further (90 kilometres), car hire works out a better option, (particularly for 4) and you have the flexibility of driving to Waidring, Kitzbuhel, Saint Johann etc. Transfer times are similar as Munich is mostly motorway and not the slow ski route via either Salzburg or Innsbruck. We normally head out for Soll during St Patrick's week, as the snow levels historically are closest to their max around then and again the early morning skiing is always best (powder last year), plus plenty of entertainment going on. The price of the ski passes also drop as this is recognised as the first week of low season. I have only discovered the wilderkaiser website this year and some of the accommodation deals are absolutely brilliant. As the restaurants and bars in the skiwelt are so good, we have friends flying out, Saturday to Wednesday night and another group of friends from Tuesday to Saturday and everyone has got cheap flights and cheap accommodation. We will be in resort by 11.00 am, ski Saturday and have the option to ski the day of departure as well. Works well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well thought out but not in school holidays! I need a change of career.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Update required please...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ditto - flying out Saturday morning.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
First the good news:- there was 10cm ish of fresh snow last night and some fun off piste today in Westendorf.
There are good man made runs to the valley.

Now the bad news:- it was green to the top of Soll on south facing slopes and though it is white today it looks like it will be green again tomorrow. It is mega crowded due to the holidays.

The snow in Kirchberg is generally better and I would get an all star pass if you are coming for a week.
Hope this helps
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lux wrote:
skilass, I hope that you all had a great week. You might be surprised, flights to Munich via easy-jet always tend to be a a bit cheaper than Salzburg or Innsbruck, even during the school holidays, particularly if you book well in advance and car hire is priced similarly. If you go to Innsbruck or Salzburg, then independent transfers can work out economical, also because Munich is further (90 kilometres), car hire works out a better option, (particularly for 4) and you have the flexibility of driving to Waidring, Kitzbuhel, Saint Johann etc. Transfer times are similar as Munich is mostly motorway and not the slow ski route via either Salzburg or Innsbruck. We normally head out for Soll during St Patrick's week, as the snow levels historically are closest to their max around then and again the early morning skiing is always best (powder last year), plus plenty of entertainment going on. The price of the ski passes also drop as this is recognised as the first week of low season. I have only discovered the wilderkaiser website this year and some of the accommodation deals are absolutely brilliant. As the restaurants and bars in the skiwelt are so good, we have friends flying out, Saturday to Wednesday night and another group of friends from Tuesday to Saturday and everyone has got cheap flights and cheap accommodation. We will be in resort by 11.00 am, ski Saturday and have the option to ski the day of departure as well. Works well.

This was exactly how we did it over half term - flights to Munich £400 all in for four, 90 min drive to the Ski Welt and a nice little family hotel within 10 min of all the gondolas. (Sorry to read about others' weather/snow nightmares - we had seven days of glorious sunshine and perfectly good snow, though it did get a little slushy towards the end of each day and a lot of it was artificial.)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How is it now?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone know when Fasching is in 2018? Interested in Skiwelt for the family hols next year....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dobby wrote:
Anyone know when Fasching is in 2018? Interested in Skiwelt for the family hols next year....

Got a feeling it clashes with half term - at least according to someone on here.

Out to Ellmau on Saturday too. Interesting week of weather lined up I see!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Vitesse2l, make sure you go to Paddy's Irish Bar
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@dobby, the end of fasching is always Shrove Tuesday so next year 13th Feb. Parades, parties etc are usually the weekend before.
snow report
dobby wrote:
@Vitesse2l, make sure you go to Paddy's Irish Bar

Sounds like a plan. I'm happy to take one for the team.
ski holidays
Warmer today and most of the recently fallen snow has melted. Very crowded at times though mostly families who disappear in the afternoons leaving great fun corn/ slush runs to play on. Avoid peak time choke points.
ski holidays
What has happened to the snow that was forecast?
ski holidays
What has happened to the snow that was forecast?
latest report
Echo, echo, echo....................
snow report
Someone switched on the hairdryer today. 15+ degrees today with a strong foehn. The run down to Brixen has nearly gone in places. Still loads of fun skiing to be had. Snow forecast tomorrow.
snow report
I will be there a week today. The weather gods had better get their act together Twisted Evil .
snow report
An update please.....
ski holidays
I think France is a better option right now....
latest report
Looks snowy in Skiwelt ATM, mind
ski holidays
Plenty of good snow in the SkiWelt at the moment. Today it snowed most of the day. There's not much snow away from the pistes on the lower south faces, and the home run to Brixen is best avoided (rookie error on Sunday), but the snow above mid stations is great. With resorts this low, I'd treat good snow all the way down the home runs as a bonus.

The strange thing is, there didn't seem to be all that many people skiing the nice powder today. We had a wide red with fresh snow to ourselves this afternoon for a while. snowHead I guess if you tried to ski the resort runs you might have got rained on, as we walked to the lift in rain, but that's easily avoided by staying high and downloading from the mid station at the end of the day.
ski holidays
We skied Ellmau to Scheffau today. Without the instructor it would have been difficult finding the way! Some nice fresh snow if only I had the skill to appreciate it.
latest report
Wish I was still there......
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Vitesse2l wrote:
We skied Ellmau to Scheffau today. Without the instructor it would have been difficult finding the way! Some nice fresh snow if only I had the skill to appreciate it.

Did you manage to catch the sunny spell at around 1300?
snow report
Quote:

Wish I was still there......

Yup....

edited to mean..wish I was still there too, not you... Laughing
ski holidays
I might be soon...........
latest report
I know what you mean. Everybody would rather be skiing than back at work. Very Happy
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Vitesse2l wrote:

Did you manage to catch the sunny spell at around 1300?

Yes! We'd just finished lunch but it was a brief sunny spell, wasn't it? By the time we got back to the Hartkaiser it was horizontal snow again. We finished with the 80 back down. I knew it would hurt but possibly the only chance to do it this week. Hard work on my tired legs.

Bergfex seems to suggest a good day today once the mist clears and maybe rain tomorrow.

Next week I'll be wishing I was back here too!
latest report
Bergfex seems to suggest a good day today once the mist clears and maybe rain tomorrow.

http://www.bergfex.com/ellmau/wetter/berg/ Plenty of snow coming tomorrow
latest report
jafa wrote:

http://www.bergfex.com/ellmau/wetter/berg/ Plenty of snow coming tomorrow

That's a better forecast. Better than rain anyway.

Today was glorious. We went back to the Sheffau bowl and this time made the descent to the bottom station before taking the gondola back up for a lunch stop. Everthing was much better, even my skiing!
snow conditions
It's real nice in the mornings and ok high up in the afternoons. Yesterday was knee deep powder off the edge of the piste on what was previously just grass. Temperature is up and down a lot but on piste is good.
latest report
All change today! Rain at village level and wet snow at the Hartkaiser. Few skiers bothered and fewer stayed out long. Our group was wet but enjoyed several runs before lunch. We only managed a couple more after (did I mention the rain?) but the slopes weren't cut up so definitely worth the effort.

The upside of an early finish is obviously an early trip to the bar.
snow report
I managed until 12.30. Still ok snow at that time but the pool in Wörgl was definitely the better option for me. Rain at village level for almost 24 hours solid now.
snow report
Still raining here too but tomorrow has a much lower freezing level so we're making an early-ish start.

Worst leaky bit of kit today was my gloves.
Cheap Trespass ones that I'll certainly replace before the next trip.

We ended up in a pool as well and it was definitely a good idea. We're passing through Wörgl at about 4.00 Saturday morning. Joys of an early flight!
ski holidays
Weather on Bergfex has changed for next week. Was going to be cold and snowy, now warmer and sunny. OH is happy at that, me, not so much. But it is what it is and anything is better than rain Madeye-Smiley.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy