Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Castleford v Milton Keynes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How do the indoor real-snow slopes compare? (I've only been to Milton Keynes, though, as a Londoner, I'm hoping the one at Beckton, London will finally get built after all its troubles).
Has anyone been to both Xcapes? Which is better, Castleford or Milton Keynes? I notice people on this site have said the Castleford one isn't steep enough. Is MK similar?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know what they're like to ski on, but I had a client last week (beginner with a hip replacement) who had a single lesson at Castleford, with a bloke who spoke hardly any English, and who clearly didn't pay any attention when she told him she'd had this operation. He went straight to snowplough without any of the usual straight running and walking around bits, and kept telling her to open wider! It's a good thing she didn't or she might have missed her ski-ing holiday due to having to have another op! Sad
On the other hand I've heard nothing but good things about the staff at Milton Keynes. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was at Castleford last Friday, and although it was a blast to be on my skis again (I didn't get a holiday this year Sad ) I'm glad I only paid for 1 hour instead of 2. I'd say it's great for learners.

I've just looked at the Xscape site and the MK slope looks flatter if anything - though I suppose that could be a distortion.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been to both slopes, although MK was about 2 years ago. I think they are about the same level of steepness. I can't really comment on the tuition due to never having had a lesson there.
For me, I prefer Castleford because it isn't split down the middle by posts like MK is. (Also, Castleford is alot closer for me... snowHead )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What do they speak in Castleford then? Yorkish? Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't skied Castleford yet, but I've heard several comments about the staff not knowing much. However, hopefully with a bit of time they'll gain experience.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been to Castleford twice & the staff were, to put it bluntly, shite. All the lift operators & slope supervisors were no older then 19 & when something went wrong (one of the lifts broke) they didn't have a clue what to do, resulting in lots of cross punters & chaos
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A tip I learned at MK Xscape: They put chemicals in the snow which react with skiwax and slow you down. If you take your own skis, take the wax off. (I don't know if this is correct, but it seemed to work. Or perhaps the snow was just rather warm that day, so the wax was wrong)

By the way, you can keep an eye on the current state of play at the (possible) Beckton dome at http://www.theboarder.co.uk/snowuki/beck/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The staff at MK have always been really helpful when i've been there, and we usually need help as come with heaps of kit. They're very patient and helpful, and even came and said hello at the ski show last year!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the first time i went to castleford the staff were great, apart from one lift operator who was a self-important 18-year-old cocky little......
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sorry, but he was very irritating!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe he's related to the spotty yoof who dished out my skis at MK. Conversation went a little like this.
Me "Got any 180s"
Him "No"
Me "Well in that case I'd better have some 170s"
Him "Nope, ain't got them either"
Me "Well what skis have you got then"
Him "Got some 176s and 184s, whadjer want".
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy