Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow chateaux tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow snowheads. Has anyone stayed with snow chateaux before in any of their chalets in tignes? can't find any reviews on them. Also this would be for an early season trip at the start of December and the chalet is in bossises which I think is in Tignes 1800? Is it easy enough to get too and from the higher villages with possibly no snow cover where the chalet is situated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow cover early December???? Whitegold assures me that is late summer, are you insane?

Best book the last week in January, the week between summer and spring in the alps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tman80, How early in December. The lifts in that sector are not programmed to open until the teens of December, so you would be rlying on their transport or the local navettes. However, their Chalet Chardons is in Le Lac and is as snow sure as anywhere in the Alps in early December.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @chocksaway, there is either the 2nd or 16th December available. I am swayed towards the Alpinium as it's brand new this season and much nicer than the other chalets. I had thought we would have to use the free bus service I just wasn't sure how much hassle it would be getting to and from Val Claret or Le Lac on a daily basis. Is it too much hassle at that time of year and would be better just staying in the higher villages? Thanks for the response.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The bus from the stop at your chalet runs every half hour to Tignes Le Lac and it can get a bit cramped depending on how busy the resort is. Snow willing, the lifts will be open for Dec 16th. The Alpiniums do look good from the photos but Chardons would be more convenient, but ensure you get rooms 1 2 3 or 6 as the other 2 do not have windows. Just be aware that Boisses/1800 is very quiet if you are after apres, the bus frequency is low after 2000hrs
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chocksaway, thanks again for the info, could i ask, is there much difference crowd wise in the resorts and on piste between going on the 2nd or holding back for the 16th? I know the 16th would be a safer bet snow wise but looking at last two seasons there has been plenty open early doors in Tignes. We are not really bothered about apre as we usually just stay in the chalet in the evenings.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in Chardons before Christmas 2014. Reputedly it used to belong to Robert Maxwell. Lounge area is large and very comfy. One fabulous master bedroom, then another nice bedroom. The rest were OK but in a corridor outside the main apartment. There was that slightly embarrassing moment of some people feeling rather less gruntled than others when the rooms were shared out. There was a hot tub on the terrace. The chalet hosts were great and we were very well looked after. Just a short walk down the round to the main lift area.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tman80, Sorry, missed your last post. The week of the 16th will still be quiet, andmore of the resort will be open. Also there is more chance of snow.

@foggy, It was definitely owned by Robert Maxwell, he also owned a flat upstairs that was connected to Chardons by a spiral staircase. Oh to have been a fly on the wall....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tman80 wrote:
Hello fellow snowheads. Has anyone stayed with snow chateaux before in any of their chalets in tignes? can't find any reviews on them. Also this would be for an early season trip at the start of December and the chalet is in bossises which I think is in Tignes 1800? Is it easy enough to get too and from the higher villages with possibly no snow cover where the chalet is situated.

My son is just starting with them as of yesterdayas a driver / general , first impressions are very good, privately owned and look very professional , very high standards and great chalets. Good early snow too in La Rosier
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tman80, did you stay in the alpinium in the end. We’ve booked it for jan
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy