Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shin Pad Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
My other half is suffering from rubbing on her lower shin. I'm happy her boots are OK, as they were properly selected and fitted (took nearly 3 hours). I think she just needs some sort of extra padding.

We've looked at this sort of product for around £20, but wondered if anyone has any more advice, especially as the rubbing is right down near her ankle :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sidas-Shin-Protectors-SILITENE-Gel-Ski-Boot-Shin-Pads-X2/162821359283

We're also going to go back to the shop to see if they can blow that part of the boot out, or suggest anything else to help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds more like a boot fitting issue, and this product would be a sticking plaster, rather than a fix.

In the distant past I had boots that I thought were properly fitted, but would rub the hairs off my shins (yes, I’m male). Once I had properly fitted boots, it never happened again.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ratkinsonuk, also perhaps try "MONNET GEL PROTECH SKI SOCKS"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
OH and son both have flat feet and found skiangel to be a lifesaver, totally removed all pain, good luck
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can vouch for Ski Angel, use it whenever I get a sore spot.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the suggestions peeps. Having thought about this, I'm not sure a pad is the right way to go anyway. The pain is being caused by pressure rather than a rubbing action. Adding more material is just going to increase the pressure.

I think she needs to go back and see if they can expand or stretch that part of the boot. It might even just be down to poor posture - doing the buckle up too tight and not pushing her heel back into the boot properly to relieve pressure on the shin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the opposite issue to Mrs OP, anyone successfully used shin pads or similar to take up excess volume around shin/calf? I can't get a snug fit and feel on the shins or tongues on any boots (very narrow lower leg); cranking the buckles up just eventually causes nerve impingement (or similar).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Grizzler, Did you skip leg day?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Grizzler, I think most of the replies address your issue... Mine certainly does.

Santa brought me the gel socks for Crimbo and I shall try them out next week.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Grizzler, I have a very narrow left lower leg due to having a relatively mild club foot. The only solution for me, which includes foamed liners, was to glue shaped high density foam around the calf muscle area to take up the excess volume.

I should add this was done by Profeet as part of the fittng process, rather than by me as a after fitting bodge Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Please don’t make the obvious jokes but Panty liners work very well particularly if you are alergic to latex.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Epitact shin pads are very good
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could also try a booster strap which worked for me
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After developing bleeding shins on the BB one year BFG loaned me his shin pads which helped a lot. Since then I've made my own using tubigrip, poron 3mm and double sided which works just fine.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grandma Sunshine wrote:
After developing bleeding shins on the BB one year BFG loaned me his shin pads which helped a lot. Since then I've made my own using tubigrip, poron 3mm and double sided which works just fine.

Laughing

Think you need to change your nickname to Heath
snow report
@ratkinsonuk, Mr Robinson if you please Laughing
latest report
@Grandma Sunshine,
Quote:

After developing bleeding shins on the BB one year

Ouch, imprinted on my memory. 'Just pressure those boots' was your exhortation to me, as blood oozed gently out of your own. wink
snow report
@Hurtle, at least I practise what I preach Laughing
snow report
Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy