Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

16 degrees in Soll??

Poster: A snowHead
Been on 'long term ski forecast' website and it says temperatures in Ski Welt will get up to 16° for the week beginning 18th Feb

Does anyone know how accurate that site is? Or any other heads up as to weather in a week's time as that is when we go.

Starting to wish we'd paid the crippling prices for France.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/maps/GFSENS12_47_13_205.png

Whilst the tendency looks above average in terms of temperature, it's too early to give accurate figures. Looks like there's a possibility of snow too.

Relax and enjoy your holiday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks queen bodecia. I really hope you're right! Getting worried now and not entirely enjoying the anticipation of our hols.

Not been skiing for 2 years now and this is such a wanted trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Global warming is killing the Alps.

Saw 20c in Feb in Les Deux Alpes, France, at ~1500m a few years ago.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's not helping to reassure me!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Take no notice whatsoever of Whitegold - he/she is regarded (at best) by most on here as an internet troll.

I don't recall he/she ever posting anything positive among his/her 7000+ posts....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been skiing in La Plagne in +12 degrees in January and Cervinia in +18 degrees in February. Sometimes it happens. I still skied and enjoyed it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skilass, no site is accurate at all that far out.

So.

There you go.

Ignore it. Keep calm and look forward to your annuals.

P.s. What difference do you think slightly warm ambient air will make anyway? There is an enormous mass and volume if snow out there - it's not at all like the dusting that one sees e.g. In the UK typically that melts with the first hint of a sunny spell...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skilass, In March 2011 we skied in Les Houches in brilliant strong sunshine. The temp on our balcony was showing as 28-30C. It was shorts and T shirt weather. It got a bit slushy on a couple of afternoons. All that white stuff on the ground just bounces the light and energy right off. You'll be fine.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah thanks guys. Taken your comments on board and feel slightly more optimistic. This trip has been a long time coming.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skilass, you will be fine.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skilass, as the others have said, just enjoy what you have. It's snowed a fair amount in most places in Austria so a few days of warm sunny weather won't deplete all the snow. As @Thornyhill we've skied when temps have been in the late 20s, the snow was fine, there was plenty to ski - you just need to wear fewer layers.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hammerite wrote:
@skilass, as the others have said, just enjoy what you have. It's snowed a fair amount in most places in Austria so a few days of warm sunny weather won't deplete all the snow. As @Thornyhill we've skied when temps have been in the late 20s, the snow was fine, there was plenty to ski - you just need to wear fewer layers.

boots and factor 50 seems to work wink

Maybe underwear for modesty
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When the temps rise I always look on the bright side - nice long sunny lunches outdoors!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maybe bring a shell jacket if you have one. I was skiing in my insulated jacket ( the only one I brought with me from Austealia)in Saalbach last week and even with a short sleeved t shirt underneath I was sweating like crazy by the end of the day. Just remember 'there is no such thing as bad weather just the wrong clothing' and you'll be okay.
ski holidays
I'll pack my summer clothes as well just in case!
ski holidays
+1 for a shell jacket, I also have a pair of light weight gloves for warm weather, however I have been caught out early in the morning with a fall on a hard piste that really hurt my hands as the thin gloves didn't supply any protection from the slope.
ski holidays
Not sure about Ski Welt but where I am there's a metre plus of compacted artificial snow on the pistes. December was cold and January even colder.

Going by past experience this is enough to last till late March even with no more snow.

Had a spell of temps up to 20c for two weeks in early March a few years back and it hardly seemed to dent the pistes.

P.S. And I'm a "glass half empty" kind of guy according to some of the many rampers on here.
snow report
The pistes here in the Amade region of Austria often see hot days in spring with no problems. We toured up and skied down the top half of Zauchensee's womens WC run in June last year.

As Thornyhill says, maybe a little underwear for modesty, or take a leaf from myself and Kooky's example and use Buffs Laughing

ski holidays
BTW, that was during our Ski for Cancer Everest Challenge day.
snow report
Actually, a cheap thin tough nylon windproof does fine above a T Shirt if you ski hot, or a ski touring jacket, they are very light and have lots of venting.
snow report
Great shots!
ski holidays
Scarpa wrote:
The pistes here in the Amade region of Austria often see hot days in spring with no problems. We toured up and skied down the top half of Zauchensee's womens WC run in June last year.

As Thornyhill says, maybe a little underwear for modesty, or take a leaf from myself and Kooky's example and use Buffs Laughing

willy waving? Happy

or should i say flapping Toofy Grin
ski holidays
New pole technique wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy