Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski buddies wanted for Ischgl 25 February to 4 th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm on a solo ski trip through Europe and will be in Isxhgl Austria for a week from 25 February . I love to ski hard all day then Apres afterwards. I'm in my forties (still young at heart ) and can ski most things as have skied 3 to 4 weeks per year since childhood. I'm looking for ski buddies to join in the fun in Ischgl over that week who also enjoy a good Apres session.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sorry robert44, will be there b4 u, heading home on 18th Feb

First time to Ischgl and could do with some tips from any of the Snowheads gang who have been already ???

Myself and my sis, 2 intermediates who LOVE nice Cruising Blues, enjoy a few reds, and NOT mad about Blacks wink

Any tips, advice or chit chat from those in the know would be very welcome Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never been there either. Any tips on places to ski, apres bars etc would be greatly appreciated on your return
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems more and more Brits here every year, it will be quite easy to link up with people once here in Ischgl.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1. Try the home runs early inn the day as they are actually quite nice when they have more snow than bodies on them. Run 7/7a down to the village but just to middle station on 1.
2. If it's generally busy check out runs 3 and 37. Tend to be quieter because of the horizontal T-bar at the end but worth it some times.
3. Get over to Alp Bella and stop in the mountain restaurant where runs 66 and 76 cross. Order the rotisserie chicken.
4. Ischgl has more apres bars than you can shake a ski pole at so try a few and see which matches your tastes. The Trofanna Alm seems to keep appearing in "The world's best apres bars" lists but we rank it as about the worst in Ischgl! Try the Kuhstall or Niki's Stade for U25, the Kitzloch for proper apres cheese, Schatzi for slightly seedy guys, Free Ride for very seedy guys, Kiwi Bar for a quiet, chilled drink, the bar in the Trofanna Hotel for a very civilised evening with a bottle or nice wine.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mjit, Thanks a million Mjit - lots of good info there
To Be Honest - we really enjoy our Apres , BUT Skiing comes first, so very interested to see those runs you mentioned
7/7a and 3 + 37, will check them out, thanks for the tips
And will definitely take your advice on trying the Home Runs early in the day.......
Smile Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@robert44,
Will tell you all on our return Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mjit,
liking the sound of Trofana
Civilised with a bottle of nice wine

maybe go for something cheesy on the last nite, when no early morning skiing involved snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mayr,
Thanks hopefully should find some ski buddies out there
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
maxima wrote:
@Mjit,
liking the sound of Trofana
Civilised with a bottle of nice wine

maybe go for something cheesy on the last nite, when no early morning skiing involved snowHead snowHead

Don't worry about the apres affecting your skiing as there's a natural rhythm to Ischgl apres. Probably 50% of visitors are in half-board hotels so have a meal to sit down to at 7:30/8pm so everyone hits the apres hard from 4:30/5pm till 7pm. When the party ends/slows down you tend to realise food's a good idea so head to a restaurant and fill up on meat (it IS Austria). Post meal we tend to find ourselves in that I-just-want-to-go-to-bed-now mode so you're in bed by 10/11pm, get plenty of sleep and are up for breakfast and first lift.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mjit,

YAY

Sounds like our kinda town - Plenty of good skiing coming first then a bit of partying too - Alles Gute as they say in Austria......

So would you have any tips/suggestions for our first day, getting the ski legs back etc, a few nice cruising blues or fairly relaxing reds
to get myself and my sis back into it ??
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From Idalp 2/23/23/3/1 (Palinkopf to Ischgl)
Then return to Idalp on Silvrettabahn and start to explore further.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks a mil.............
Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy