Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio private lessons advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
My wife and I will be visiting Madonna di Campiglio in early March and are planning to book some lessons. Having tried both group and private lessons I find the latter much more effective at improving my technique.

We are very different levels as I’m an intermediate with 5 trips behind me whereas she’s been skiing on and off for 30 years and can tackle any piste in virtually any condition. We tried a joint private lesson on our last trip but it just didn’t work well so the aim is to have separate lessons.

Obviously cash is not limitless so I’m trying to decide the best approach. Would it best to have 1 hr on every/most days or maybe a couple of 2 hr sessions two days apart ? would the lifts in MdiC influence this ?

Thoughts and suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would say a few 2h sessions every couple of days would be more productive than 1h per day. With 2 hours you really have more time to get "into" the lesson and the instructor has more time to develop his ideas and take you to pistes further away (if he so desires). Then, the 1,5-2 days you have before the next lesson are enough to work on what you've learned.

I have a book (Ron LeMaster's "201 things every skier must know") which also recommends that, for example, on a 4-day trip, you take no lesson on the first day (cause it takes you a while to "get used to skiing again"), then take a lesson in the beginning of the 2nd and the 4th days.

On a side note, my relationship is quite similar to yours skiing wise (my girlfriend has been skiing since she was 3, whilst I only started a few years ago), but this year we had a lesson together and it was great for both. I guess the instructor was good at managing the different levels and finding exercises that were suitable for both.
I also think a lesson in 2 has a better cost benefit than an individual lesson (you get more from 2h in two than in 1h alone), and after the lesson you can practice the exercises together and give each other feedback. So I wouldn't discard that possibility (even though you've had a bad experience with it).

Enjoy Italy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the response, we've booked 2x2 hr sessions each, a couple of days apart and will then make a decision on whether to have another.
all the best
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I recall that we christened our Madonna Instructor 'Marco Psycho'. The two early teenagers loved the bits where he said 'Now we will ski backwards off this cliff' etc. Dad not so much.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy