Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes or Samoens - best snow beginning of Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Planning a short trip to French Alps next week. Where will I find best skiing conditions Samoens or Tignes (would stay in Brevieres).
Keen on Samoens with short transfer for Geneva but worried the last good dump of snow is getting worn out. Would Tignes be any better or is it the same wherever you go?
Thanks for your thoughts on this
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes by a country mile.

far higher
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes by a country mile, as the man says..... Unless there's a good dump fairly shortly there'll not be a lot in Samoens!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As others have said, bite the bullet and make the longer transfer to Tignes. Samoens from my experience suffers from a few pinch points and if some sectors or lifts are closed it'll only exacerbate matters.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back from Samoens (Flaine/Morillion/Les Carroz/Sixt) last night - the skiing/snow has been really good this week but not sure what the apparent rise in temperature will do to the pistes in that area this weekend. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As I will be writing shortly in the Tignes snow report, we have enough snow up here, the pistes were hard today but that is down to daily conditions. There are one or two well marked bare patches, hopefully these will be covered by the expected snow over the next week.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy