Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurosports coverage of FIS WC Alpine Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
We've taken out a rolling one month subscription to Eurosports Player. So far we've been pretty disappointed, coverage is scheduled, then when you turn on to watch they are showing snooker.

Similarly the 'watch again' recording of yesterday's women's downhill from Lake Louise is described as 85 mins long, but when you click on it to watch the coverage stops after 26 mins.

Is this normal for Eurosports Player? Not sure we're going to be continuing our subscription if this is the standard of coverage.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah it's not great. Schedule is sometimes wrong, streaming quality is poor. At least you don't commit to a minimum contract, I cancel my sub at the end of every season
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Set my box to record the downhill this morning, just sat down to watch it and all I got was snooker. At least it's in with my Sky package.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any idea what happened to today's coverage? It was scheduled to be on and I know Finlay Mickel was commentating as he told me on Thursday night he was flying down on Friday. Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schedule I suppose may sometimes be out the control of the channel, not their fault if an event gets moved.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
He commentated on the Super G on Friday. Says the downhill will be on again at 5.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnoodyMcFlude, it's not events being moved, it's scheduling a different programme to what is listed in the guide. Happens far more often than it should
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah its crap but the only way to watch that i know of.
At least the chromecast integration is better but thats useless when the schedule is all over the place.
One good thing with the android app is the ability to watch the events even if they are not on E1 or E2 although you dont get any commentary (some would argue thats a good thing)

@moseyp, You in snowy pila yet?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's on now (men's Downhill) ! At last rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I purchased a years subscription for 20 quid last week, on offer, which seemed a better deal than 5..99 a month or whatever it is. As it happens I've been in a hotel in Germany this weekend and have watched the Womens and part of the Mens downhill on the telly for free (although with German commentary), so I haven't yet got to see how good or bad eurosport player actually is.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's a pile of shite. I'm glad I'm not paying any extra for it. So far out of 8 attempts to record the skiing, only 1 has been successful.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
couldn't have put it better my self all I got was 'king snooker!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The men's giant slalom first run was on live this morning. No mention of this in the EPG. Apparently the second run will also be live in an hour's time, again no mention of it in the EPG. I think part of the problem is the change in schedules due to Beaver Creek becoming Val D'Isère.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Are people watching online or on TV? When I looked at the schedule yesterday I'm sure I saw that the GS runs were going to be on this morning.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had this problem too. Now using the FIS website to confirm the schedule.
ski holidays
I'm with Virgin and the EPG had both legs of the GS on when I looked late last night and both recorded OK. (I have all the Live stuff on series record). Being in the house, though, I watched it live as I, too, have had to delete several hours of snooker from the day before.

Ladies Super G is now postponed for 1 hour due to weather so whether (sorry rolling eyes ) we actually get to see it on Eurosport is anyone's guess. But anyone who is out and has set it to record will be unlucky because if they do show it, the EPG won't have been updated Sad .
snow conditions
Its not so bad when its ski jumping or even some cross country or biathlon to watch instead but not f*****g snooker or darts. If they're going to call it a sports channel they should try sticking to showing actual sports instead of hobbies for alcoholics.... Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
I had to rely on the Catch Up function on sky showing repeats (but not always the whole race).

@robboj, good pub based discussion there..."define sport"
snow report
Quote:

actual sports instead of hobbies for alcoholics

Thought you said you wanted to watch the skiing. Puzzled
snow report
@Bennyboy1, if there are fat people at the top level then it's not a sport....except sumo. Laughing
snow conditions
My series links on Virgin/ Tivo don't seem to be picking up rescheduled races which is wreaking havoc with my recordings. One little tactic I've come up with is to create a wishlist entry for 'Live FIS Alpine Skiing,' so if a program is rescheduled it will be pick up those key words and record it, even if it's not 'officially' part of the series link itself....hopefully. So long as they actually update the EPG that is. The only risk is that it'll pick up every FIS, event so beware if you're recording HD or a bit OCD about clearing out your recordings- you'll be kept busy!
snow report
Chemmy's co-commentary is soft, calm and knowledgeable. Emma Carrick Anderson's...
snow report
Being a cycling fan too I've got used to Eurosport's scheduling.

As a channel they're very dynamic switching sports about left, right and centre based on whatever is live at the moment. It's the default channel in our household, one of the only times it gets switched off is when snooker is on! Currently sat in a hotel room in Hinterglemm watching Ski Cross that has followed the Slalom.
snow conditions
Pedantic post - don't jump on it, just need to vent 😉

Cortina downhill - commentators kept calling it 'the duke of d'aosta' jump. Surely that translates as 'the duke of of Aosta?'
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy