Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Goggles for Little Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,

We're off to Austria in a few weeks and I need some ski goggles for my 4 year old who will take to the slopes for the first time (apart from a practice in the Snowdome last weekend).

Can someone recommend ski goggles suitable for his age? Ideally both high and low light lenses, I don't mind buying 2 sets of goggles.

Thanks
Kersh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From what I've seen, kids can ski in all conditions with quite dark lenses. My son (now 8 years old) has Smith Optics Grom goggles, which will probably be a touch too big for your child. But we ski a reasonable amount and he wanted green mirror goggles for Christmas last year. Even when it's getting dark he seems to be fine with them on.

When he was 4 years old he had some Scott goggles. I think they were Scott hook up. He needed some new ones and those were in the resort shop, fitted well etc so we bought them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When our children were that age we bought some from Aldi/Lidl. They seemed to do the job. Dark lenses only.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Decathlon are pretty good, worked well for our boy at 3 and sized up to aged 5 on their site:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/snow-100-ski-goggles-fine-weather-id_8344093.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trespass/Dare2Be do decent kids googles as well
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get the best protection you can possibly afford. Eye damage is nigh on impossible to avoid.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
esaw1 wrote:
Get the best protection you can possibly afford. Eye damage is nigh on impossible to avoid.

@esaw1, sounds like you are suggesting you need to spend a lot? anything wrong with the £4.99 Decathlon ones @gravity-slave details? Have 100% UV protection.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
esaw1 wrote:
Eye damage is nigh on impossible to avoid.

This is nonsense. Can you quote your reference and don't just quote a reference that says UV is bad for cells. You don't need a PhD in Cell Biology to know that.

I have one mind you and I also work for a high power light source manufacturer who make UV light sources.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fit is key IMHO, especially as your Jnr will be wearing a helmet - not the whole Gaper BS thing, but if they find them uncomfortable or annoying they'll just take them off if they're in lessons, and you can't expect an instructor to keep telling them to put them back on or sort them out like you would if you were out with them. We really struggled to get the kids to keep goggles on until we found a better fitting set for them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Decathlon for ours. But we could visit the shop to check fit before buying.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy