Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Hot Chocolate in Les Arcs area

Poster: A snowHead
I have an agreement (alright bribe) with my 11yo step daughter, that if she finishes reading her English set text before the end of half term (when we're away) I will buy her the biggest baddest hot chocolate the mountain can offer...

Any assistance gratefully received... Where will I find something worthy? We are staying in 1950 if that helps but don't mind a ski to get to the right place snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ScarlettInSpace, You need to ski to Italy. Sorry can't help for Les Arc. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IMO you need the soup bowl servings of Les Borseliers, but that is on the La Plagne side of Paradiski, on the way down to Champagny
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a restaurant over the the la plagne side on the way down to Champagny (not Borseliers but I can't remember the name) with a big Sun terrace and a snack bar at the back. It does the most amazing hot chocolate I have ever had, with whipped cream and large funky coloured meringues on top.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le Verdons Sud?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee wrote:
@ScarlettInSpace, You need to ski to Italy. Sorry can't help for Les Arc. Toofy Grin
This. Or Spain as I found out last week. Easier to ski to Italy from Les Arcs than it is to ski to Spain.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jenniper, that sounds right. Will try and look on a piste map later.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cascade Sucree in Arc 1950 is good. Decent hot chocolate but the main attraction is their waffles, they're absolutely delightful.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ScarlettInSpace, if only bribery to do school work was so easy (and cheap) in our household.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone Smile Italy & Spain may be pushing it on this trip Razz but maybe for future.

@hammerite this is the first year of senior school, so I can see it getting more expensive as time goes by!

Youngest is currently on a longer-term good behaviour incentive to earn a snowboard lesson...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ps, can you tell I work in sales, setting incentives for the kids Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
aux enfants terribles (just down the mountain from the top of the vallandry chairlift) does huge great mugs of hot chocolate (and cheap crepes!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You might want to ask on the main Les Arcs thread as no doubt some of the contributors to that will have opinions.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ScarlettInSpace wrote:
Italy & Spain may be pushing it on this trip Razz but maybe for future.
It's not that difficult to ski to Italy from Les Srcs (for the hot chocolate as much as anything else). It is very easy of you have a car (about a 30 minute drive to a chairlift which takes you to La Rosiere, which is linked with the Italian resort of La Thuile). Slightly more complicated without your own transport, but still possible. It's a fun day out.

Spain, on the other hand, is quite tricky wink

I've never found decent hot chocolate in Les Arcs, although I will occasionally make my own: the usual chocolate powder, add a little bit of real chocolate and thicken with a little cornflour. Squirty cream and marshmallows optional, but usually not.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, possible shot of Baileys, although obviously not recommending this for the OPs 11 YO step daughter!
ski holidays
wills_h wrote:
@rob@rar, possible shot of Baileys...
Not for me in a proper hot chocolate, that would be a bit too much. But in a typically French thin-as-dishwater hot chocolate Baileys or anything else helps to make it drinkable. I quite like a shot of Chartreuse, which at least is a local drink even if the hot chocolate itself is an abomination against mankind.
latest report
@rob@rar, might have to try that next week with the Chartreuse, not something I'd have thought of!
snow conditions
@rob@rar, you need to come to Serre Chevalier for the hot chocolate at Peyra Juana and Troll restos then. No dishwater, proper Italian stuff.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
wills_h wrote:
@rob@rar, possible shot of Baileys...
Not for me in a proper hot chocolate, that would be a bit too much. But in a typically French thin-as-dishwater hot chocolate Baileys or anything else helps to make it drinkable. I quite like a shot of Chartreuse, which at least is a local drink even if the hot chocolate itself is an abomination against mankind.

nom nom nom. I think it was Alpe d'Huez with the snow blattering down that I stopped and had a "Green Chaud" as they called Chartreuse and hot chocolate there. It was pretty good.......
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy