Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire bills....why is mine always more than when booking?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering about your experiences.

Lets say you book a hire car for say £300 at Geneva airport.

I always seem to end up paying more???? Think the last bill ended up as £450.

What do you guys and girls end up paying?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stop crashing/trashing it wink

Final bill is what we agreed when booking. Only additional is if we add an extra driver when we get to the pick up desk.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been renting in Geneva, Lyon and Grenoble for the last 15 years and have only paid over 200 Euro once and that was for a people carrier for 3 weeks for 550 eu. Normally I pay less than 160 eu.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Usually they try to hit you with additional costs at the airport. They suggest you need a bigger car, or more insurance. Refuse/ decline all. Oh, and obviously make sure you're not using Sterling for anything - those third world currencies are really shaky.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Philip1972, are you agreeing when they ask you to add on insurance? Its the biggest rip off. I buy European wide excess insurance from icarhireinsurance.com.

For bookings I use rentalcars.com. You pay when booking and print out a voucher, so that is the cost if you decline all add-ons.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Philip1972, Just say no.

They will keep suggesting "have this extra - it's only x euro a day extra". Say no to all extras offered.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've never paid any extra. The most expensive hire car I ever had was 5 days in Iceland for £176.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy