Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggested replacement for Line Prophet 98

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I love my Prophet 98s, and on an average day spend more time off piste than on, but having missed skiing last year I have become aware this year that there are alot of carbon skis around, and that things may have moved on a bit.
So can you throw some recommendations out for an easy to use all rounder similar in nature to the Prophet. A lighter ski may help prolong my adventures at 51 years of age, particularly in the latter part of the afternoon, as well as the next few years!! Perhaps slightly stiffer for better piste performance. Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, forgot to mention, 6 ft tall, 14 ish stone, several seasons, like to push myself, intermediate off pister
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just some observations. I'm shorter, lighter and older. I've had Prophet 98's a while now and they are very heavy. I do think though that they are excellent on piste, very easy to get on edge. But tiring. Last year I bought some Carbon Whitedot Directors (108mm I think) too. Not as good on groomed pistes or in crud but much lighter and better on powder day s.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not quite the same brief but my thread on replacing the Prophet 90 might throw up some interesting suggestions?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127519

The 90's were superb, fast, stiff and unflappable at speed but hard work off piste.

I seriously considered the Blizzard Bonafide as a stiff ski with carbon and a touch of rocker and superb carver's by all accounts. It was a close call but I chose the Black Crows Camox, sounded a bit more playful.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have almost exactly the same question.

I have Prophet 90s- currently mounted with Marker Dukes as well as some Prophet flites- currently mounted with Cobra R8 tele bindings. (same skins see- (that I never used because I am too fat and lazy))

I am trying to get the Prophet 90s mounted with some Hammerhead tele bindings- but am wondering if a carbon ski would be better / lighter.

BUT- I am very stingey and I want to find the best value pair of skis I possibly can. I will never ever ever pay £600+ for a pair of skis and I'd really rather not pay £300.

Me short (1.75m) and fat (I hardly dare type 90ish kg- but falling). Enthusiastic but obviously limited telemark skier- I can string a good few turns on piste, in crud and off piste but I do get a bit sweaty and need a rest. Reasonably competent alpine on and off piste (struggle with crust and porridge) but obviously limited by fitness / massive belly.

Looking for a light, stable, reasonably stiff but not crazy stiff, nimble but also surfy (like GS type turns best) ski for both alpine and tele (ideally will get QKs) probably carbon- and for cheap...

Also unicorns- need a matching pair of unicorns (must be called Fred- both of them must be called Fred)- a pair of unicorns both called Fred and some crazy cheap carbon skis for me please- any help?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ed123, never paid more than. £ 350 for any skis, also have Line Francis Bacon, but find them very hard on the feet unless there is tons of snow.. Which is a lottery whilst on holiday.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B, nearly went for Director's in sale last summer, but there must be something that carves a piste nicely and is nice and light for steeps and snow? Too much comprise?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gravity-slave, thank you
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cstreat, I'm sure there must be. I bought the Directors as they were such à bargain but I wanted them for powder days. However I havent really skied them that much yet tbh.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cstreat wrote:
..........there must be something that carves a piste nicely and is nice and light for steeps and snow?

Whitedot R.98 185cm in trad or carbonlite.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fisher Ranger 98ti,completely perfect ski.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks. Are the above Rangers carbon, or just lightened?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cstreat, they have carbon in them. You can see it through the topsheet. Friend I skied with over the weekend has a pair. Absolutely loves them. Genuine all rounder.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have you considered Mantras or Cham 97s ?

Like you, I'm in the market for a ski that's as good an all-rounder as they can make given the inevitable compromises and that's the two I've narrowed my choice down to with the Bonafide as an outsider

I have to say I haven't looked at the Camox so will check that out now
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy