Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vallandry Parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're driving out to Vallandry for half-term. We aim to be in resort on the Saturday morning by 10:00am +/- 1 hour. However, we can't get into our accommodation parking until the evening. Does anyone know what the situation is like for parking? At that time should we be able to find any on-street, or is there a pay car-park somewhere?

We'll have the same problem when we leave as we plan to check-out, ski all day, before driving home (well driving for a couple of hours to a hotel) so will need to leave the car somewhere from about 10:00-15:00

Thanks

Rob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We parked up by Mont Blanc bar, no issues as long as you go in and buy a drink, sandwich, give them some business.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LittleRob, there's plenty of free parking in lower part of Vallandry (by the basketball courts) which is a short walk into centre. At this time of year I don't think you'll have any issues
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the responses.

louiscrow By the Mont Blanc would be handy, as we're staying in Oree Des Cimes, but going in and buying a drink presents a problem, as our intention would be to park, hire kit, get changed, and be off up the mountain, and if it all works we'll be there at about 10:30 AM!

The parking opposite doesn't appear to be "theirs" as such, so would we need to feel obligated? (That said, I daresay we may find ourselves in there during the week!).

Boris I suppose that, worst case, I could drop park somewhere, get us all kitted out with hire stuff, then go and park "properly" and walk back to the family, or have them meet me at the bottom of the Grizzly.

Rob
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LittleRob, It might sound like a daft idea but if you are going to Vallandry for an 8 day ski trip why not stop off somewhere else for skiing on the Saturday, perhaps places you wouldn't normally consider such as st Francois de Longchamp.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had no problem parking on the street below the chairlift we arrived 4pm on half term Saturday!
You'll be fine.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnE That sounds like a nice idea, but we don't own skis, so it would really complicate things. This way we use the same lift passes (which arrived at the W/E) and hire shop.

nem Thanks for the info.

Rob
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm sure you've planned it all but make sure should arrive at the mountains super early. We left Lyon airport at 9.30 lest half term Saturday and arrived in Vallandry at 4pm. Solid stop start traffic the whole way!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nem I don't have a fully-formed plan yet, and Vallandry is further than we usually drive, but we've done this a few times. The typical plan is:

a) Early evening tunnel crossing.
b) Drive until about 2AM (driving shared between 2)
c) Stop in an aire for a few hours sleep
d) Start driving again at about 06:00

In the past we've done this to Morzine, Flaine, Alpe d'Huez, Chatel, and its usually worked OK. Only one time it let us down was Tignes, when the tunnel was 3 hours late, and there was snow going up the hill.

Rob
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could simply at Oree des Cimes, on Saturday it is usually tolerated because you are supposed to load/unload. Else there's plenty of on street parking. Finally, there are huge indoor parks nearby, you could go there for a day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
patrick we did ask our travel company (not Oree des cimes directly) thinking that we would be arriving after the previous week's guests should have departed, but we were told no. I'm not sure why that would be, as we only wanted access to the parking space (and we have booked one for the actual week) but there you go.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is free parking at lift stations not a thing there?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just returned from a great week in Vallandry. For future reference there was, at 10:00 on the Saturday of half-term, on-street parking to be found in front of the Oree des Cimes. We parked right in front of the Skiset and got kitted out. For the week we were in the OdC underground car-park, but in truth this was a bit of a waste of money as:

a) There was plenty of parking.
b) It didn't snow.

That said, some friends staying a little lower down (a hotel just below the Mont Blanc bar - L'Emeraude I think) had to park several hundred yards beyond the Vanoise Express (sp?)

Rob
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy