Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Sweet Protection helmet???

Poster: A snowHead
I currently own a Sweet Protection rambler about 6 years old now and was sized for a beanie underneath it... time is right to go buy a new MIPS helmet and fit it normally...

I am down to the Igniter MIPS, Trooper MIPS and the Grimnir, I don't care about the cost - 179, 220, 300 as they are a good investment...

any thoughts on the above???

I am heading to the shop now to try them on, with my Flight Deck and Airbrake goggles and then think about it a few days then will purchase... three weeks till Whistler...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@scottydonald, Size is the normal issue with Sweet Helmets has the come up small, and their L/XL size is 2-3cm smaller than most.

However, since you have been able to wear a beanie under one previously, then that won't be a problem for you. The Grimnir is basically a carbon Igniter, so if either fits, the other should as well. The Trooper seems to have the latest technology.

I would have bought a Grimnir, but it was too small.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PowderAdict wrote:
@scottydonald, Size is the normal issue with Sweet Helmets has the come up small, and their L/XL size is 2-3cm smaller than most.

However, since you have been able to wear a beanie under one previously, then that won't be a problem for you. The Grimnir is basically a carbon Igniter, so if either fits, the other should as well. The Trooper seems to have the latest technology.

I would have bought a Grimnir, but it was too small.

tried the helmets on today and the MIPS Igniter was the best fitting over the MIPS blaster. They did not have the trooper MIPS.

Email conversation with Sweet Protection - Trooper, Igniter and Grimnir is based on the same shell, so they should have the same fit. The MIPS can make it feel a little snugger though.

`Right now leaning towards the Trooper.

I am tempted with the Grimnir but you now said that the Trooper was the latest technology... why???
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
With regards to your comment that MIPS makes it a little snugger, that is because they used the same helmet shell, and then inserted the MIPS system inside, which probably reduces the fit by 1cm.

In terms of technology, as far as I can work out (I may be wrong):

1. Grimnir - full carbon shell and MIPS
2. Igniter - ABS shell, impact shields and MIPS
3. Trooper - laminated carbon shell, impact shields and MIPS. Described as one of the most advanced helmets on the market.

I've come to the conclusion that I have Giro shaped head, so will never get into a Sweet Protection.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PowderAdict wrote:
With regards to your comment that MIPS makes it a little snugger, that is because they used the same helmet shell, and then inserted the MIPS system inside, which probably reduces the fit by 1cm.

In terms of technology, as far as I can work out (I may be wrong):

1. Grimnir - full carbon shell and MIPS
2. Igniter - ABS shell, impact shields and MIPS
3. Trooper - laminated carbon shell, impact shields and MIPS. Described as one of the most advanced helmets on the market.

I've come to the conclusion that I have Giro shaped head, so will never get into a Sweet Protection.

perfect thanks... Trooper MIPS is still my favourite then...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the Rooster, liked the Trooper as well but Rooster was better value at the time but neither can be faulted, if money had not been an issue then I would have bought the Grimnir ( always thought that was their top helmet ) loved the style fit was great and really torn between raw carbon look or that year the Orange. It was nearly twice the price of the Rooster which was on sale.

Looked at the Rambler and Ignitor for my daughter as being way better than using hire helmets at either the dryslope or the local fridge but to me they where more akin to a cheap version of the Trooper. So to sum up of those you listed my vote would go with the Grimnir but saying that either the Grimnir or Trooper are better than the Rambler or Ignitor.

Can't give any info on Blaster as not even seen one.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a size M MIPS Trooper, awesome helmet last season and this. Have had a few Giro's and POC etc over the years and this is by far the best helmet I've had, so much so that I've now got a MIPS mountainbike helmet too, and my OH has same ski helmet also.@scottydonald, go for it, you wont be disappointed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
any more opinions???

still Trooper IPS is the favourite but seems most saying they would have gotten the Grimnir....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PowderAdict wrote:

+1. Although I love the look of Sweet Protection helmets, I went for a Giro Edit helmet as it was more comfortable (for me) and a lot lighter that the Sweet Protection ones. The weight difference was very noticeable.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought a Sweet Igniter Alpiniste for £70 just before coming out to France, l/xl just fits my 7 3/8" head with not much spare.

The shell on my Marker helmet was so thin you could dent it with your knuckles so I decided to go with something a bit tougher.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
last bump before I buy tomorrow...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I ended up with an Igniter MIPS and very pleased with it. Bought 5 different helmets online (different Sweet Protection, POC, etc) had a little home fitting session and kept the one which best fitted my head and goggles. I did speak to the online store first and they were happy for me to do that.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just ordered the Trooper MIPS...

looking forward to getting it....thanks everyone for the help.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A question for the Sweet Protection helmet owners (as my POC is getting a bit old and have been looking at a replacement)...
How do you find the ventilation?
I don't get overly hot, though I do always have the vent plugs out on my Receptor Backcountry, so was wondering how that might compare with which sweet protection helmets?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stuarth,
I could probably fill a pint Shocked

But then even if I wore no helmet the difference would be minimal as I run very hot. But for me protection was the number one concern ( after all is that not why we wear ski helmets anyway ).

@scottydonald,

Even though I recommended the Grimnir over the Trooper you will not be disappointed Grimnir/Trooper/Rooster are all fantastic helmets.
snow conditions
@scottydonald, great choice. The venting works really well....I run hot and my Trooper works better than POC and Giros previously.
ski holidays
@stuarth, I've just switched to the Sweet Protection Trooper this season from my old POC skull comp helmet which had no ventilation. I love the Trooper as it is so much more comfortable in terms of fit plus the ventilation really works when I need it. @scottydonald, I'm thinking about getting a pair of Flight Deck to go with my Trooper too Very Happy
latest report
@juliad, Go for it the Flight Decks are aweskome, prizm lenses are brilliant, and fit great with the Trooper. We both got some as a Christmas treat and they really are the business.
ski holidays
That's good to hear @Markymark29. I've heard the prizm lenses are fab which is great because I'm pretty fussy with goggles. Very Happy
ski holidays
Bit late to this conversation but I picked up a Grimnir this week. Fits really well with my Airebrake XL although they do sit proud of the lip so a face plant would mean the goggles take the blow.

Fit pick (excuse the bathroom reflection Laughing )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rFniz2rsVazqFkG23
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy