Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos during WEF??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if Davos is practical for a ski trip during the world economic forum ? Is it big enough to handle WEFrs and skiers ?
Every year when i see it on the news i kind of like the idea of being in town for it, if not attending as such.
(And yes i am aware that parking for the jet is a problem, but not for me alas).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did Davos once the week after the WEF. We got a phenomenal deal on a 5* hotel, except we rocked up looking like scumbag snowboarders and looked extremely out of place among the twinset and pearls, monocles and baby-grand pianos at high tea. Did find a nice bar down in town owned by a pro-freeclimber and skydiver.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, why not? There's still accommodation on the usual sites from tonight through to the weekend at normal (for Switzerland) prices.

Restaurants might be a bit full, but if you're happy with pizza or self-catering then it shouldn't be a problem.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guess it's a bit like Lauberhorn week here in Wengen. Actually a good time to be skiing as many beds in the village are taken up by teams and media.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I did Davos once the week after the WEF. We got a phenomenal deal on a 5* hotel, except we rocked up looking like scumbag snowboarders and looked extremely out of place among the twinset and pearls, monocles and baby-grand pianos at high tea. Did find a nice bar down in town owned by a pro-freeclimber and skydiver.

Just checked, and you can get a double room at the Rixos for all of next week for 1570 CHF. You're right, that looks like the time to go!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been in Davos during the WEF. Deserted slopes except for a few ladies in fur with body guards. Accommodation is difficult to find. I was there for the season - which was November to end of April for me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Davos is a fairly big place. I have been there for a conference out of any of their tourist seasons.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I find it often easier and cheaper to find weekend accommodation in Davos than many other Swiss resorts, just because of the amount of places they have for the big conferences. Finding a decent place for the weekend in Lenzerheide or Laax is much harder.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've stayed in Klosters for a few days just before it started. Off piste there were soldiers camping in the woods all around Davos, the airforce were practicing intercepting light aircraft overhead and convoys of limos driving up the valley through road blocks. Davos was full of security fencing and guards, but the pistes were quite and the off piste deserted. We had fresh tracks all day for 3 days. Some of the best skiing I've ever had. Great time to go. We stayed at the Adventure Hostel which was very reasonable, but was taken over by journalists as we left.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was there last week and have been just before the WEF several times.
Slopes will be quiet. The local schools close for 3 days due to chaos in town so lots of schoolkids on the mountain.
Rhinerhorn is closed all week - the WEF have taken it over! But plenty of skiing in other places.
Travel to resort at the start of the week would be severely disrupted by roadblocks, so allow extra time and patience for the journey.
I imagine the main street will be difficult to navigate during the week, so need to consider how easy it will be to get to Parsenn funi station from your accomodation (or Jackobshorn if going there).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Travel can be a bit of a pain after the forum has finished. The train from Chur to Zurich Airport, from Landquart railway station, was jam-packed with delegates and TV crews with their bags of equipment that make ski travellers look like lightweights. The airport, too, was heaving and standing-room only on the flight to London!! Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds fine after all hotel rooms filled by planks rather than filled by people sliding on planks. So hey maybe slopes will be quieter but bars in town busier.
Plus ski areas are spread out a bit so although a long time since last there resort was packed but always found quiet areas.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hotels put on triple the staff, bus them in and bunk them 5 to a room so I can't imagine punter rooms are that easy. I always thought the point of conferences in ski resorts was to get in the maximum amount of skiing on a "business" pretext - neither Davos nor Sundance seem to actually meet this model.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy