Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Savoleyres/La Tsoumaz morning + Bruson afternoon or vice versa?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, I have one of these Winterpass cards, which give half price skiing for one day only at many of Switz's minor resorts.

One of the days is for Savoleyres/La Tsoumaz, which apparently also gives access to Bruson. As both ski areas are quite small, would it be reasonable to ski one in the morning and one in the afternoon, having parked in Le Chable? Where should I stop for a nice lunch in a decent restaurant (not a self-service)? How'd you get between the two?

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snoozeboy,

Bruson is easily accessible from Le Chable, as the main Bruson gondola departs from the Le Chable station, Savoleyres/La Tzoumaz a bit less so. To get to Savoleyres, you'd need to come back down the Le Chable gondola, take the Verbier gondola up the other side to Medran, get out at Medran and take the bus across to Savoleyres and then take up the old Savoleyres gondola to access the Savoleyres/La Tzoumaz area (approx 40 mins in total)

Frankly I'd be surprised if a lift pass covered both as once you take up the gondola from Le Chable to Medran there is nothing stopping you carrying on up to Ruinettes and skiing in the Verbier domain. If the pass doesn't cover ale Chable - Medran you'd have to drive up to Savoleyres and find parking. La Tzoumaz is miles away by road as it's in a different valley.

Bruson is steep and tree lined so good in bad weather and particularly after fresh snow. Savokeyres/La Tzoumaz is bigger, more varied blues and reds with also some nice trees down the La Tzoumaz side.

Good cosy restaurant above the drag lift (below the main chairlift) in Bruson. Marmotte is a good one in the Savoleyres area on the way back down to Verbier. Never eaten in the La Tzoumaz valley.

Enjoy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello Bob, thanks for the great advice. We had a great day.

I ditched the idea of skiing both Savoleyres and Bruson morning and afternoon and we just drove to La Tsoumaz and skied that and Savoleyres. It was great. Very nice piste conditions and very quiet.

The La Tzoumaz lift pass covers itself, Savoleyres and Bruson, including the gondola across Le Chable. I can send you a photo of my lift pass as proof Very Happy, which makes the Winterpass thing very good value as it was chf28 for the day (having previously paid chf43 for the Winterpass which gives 16x half price ski days). It's easily possible to ski all three areas in one day. We were just lazy and looking for a good lunch.

Speaking of which, Marmotte was a great recommendation. I really liked it there and will definitely go back. It's up there on my all time favourite Alpine restaurants.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy