Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No More Lost Gloves - These are Great!

Poster: A snowHead
Yay! Hopefully we will have no more lost gloves on the chair lifts etc.

I bought these (they are actually camera wrist straps) and they simply fit to the small plastic loops on the outside of our gloves (where you generally just clip one glove to another). They are also adjustable so are great for kids and big kids. They are so inexpensive too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3X-Hand-Wrist-Lanyard-Strap-Adjustable-Slider-Lock-for-Compact-Digital-Cameras/131857617430?_trksid=p2054502.c100227.m3827&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908103841%26meid%3D8bd31f7827a44b78997fdf8682850909%26pid%3D100227%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D131857617430
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most gloves already have something like this on them do they not
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only one pair of ours have. Stupidly, it wasn't something I even considered when I bought them wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In which case the product you identified would probably do the job. Tends to be a standard feature that I look for on gloves these days
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the tip - just bought some. I'd say only about half of ski gloves come with lanyards. I've got some good gloves that don't so these are ideal
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have these for some older gloves

http://www.theski-shop.co.uk/3167/products/hestra-glove-retainers-hand-cuffs-100mm-1-pair.aspx
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ruddster, Thanks. I saw those, but it just worked out a little cheaper to get the others as there are six of us - and I wasn't sure if they were adjustable.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How about elastic from one glove, up the sleeve and down the other side like your mum did when you were at school Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@martinm, I did that last time for the kids and it was a nightmare! The elastic kept stretching and the gloves were swinging around and getting in the way Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or get the proper ones that you don't need to faff about with toggles? https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Hestra_Handcuff_SkiSnowboard_Glove_Accessory_Mens_Black-(113045)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The reason I didn't go for those is that it didn't look like they are adjustable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interesting they're sold in threes. Lucky there are six of you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or (if you don't already have gloves), just get these. They are brilliant!

http://youtube.com/v/5lSU-Gkc4m8&feature=youtu.be
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
martinm wrote:
How about elastic from one glove, up the sleeve and down the other side like your mum did when you were at school Toofy Grin

My thoughts exactly! Laughing Only you were obviously posh we only had string not elastic. Razz
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ilovegreece wrote:
The reason I didn't go for those is that it didn't look like they are adjustable.

They stretch, and available in different sizes. Just buy medium for women and large for men, you can't be far off.
ski holidays
This must be a product for problem that I'm not that aware of! 11 seasons in and we have never dropped a glove on a chair lift.
snow report
@flangesax, I've never dropped a glove either, but I bet I would on the first day I stopped carrying a spare pair with me!
snow report
Very Happy never dropped them off a chair but have dropped them in the powder when fiddling with cameras etc - why is it that you always seem to get snow in the tips of the finger whenever that happens? Grr
ski holidays
Got some gloves with these on last year. Never lost a glove, but they are the greatest invention ever!! Don't knock em till you've tried em.
snow conditions
I had some cheapo gloves from Decathlon a few years ago (still going strong) - there's an elasticated loop on the cuff of each and they're brilliant. Simple idea - so simple I stitched my own version of this amazing invention onto my more expensive 'branded' gloves, works a treat and no dropped gloves.
ski holidays
@endoman, I'm not knocking them but certainly won't buy them without ever having the need (or is it like fully comp car insurance... I'm still in the dog house for that!)

@Hurtle, any normal day... Ski pass, cash, lip balm, sun-stick, phone, done!

[edit]It does mean my nipples get a bit cold though![/edit]
snow report
@flangesax, Laughing
snow report
I just add my own using bits of elastic - either stitching them in or threading them through the labels in the cuffs (if the labels are the double-sided types that facilitate that).

I find gloves with loops are particularly invaluable for taking photos - no need to worry about stuffing them somewhere when you slip them off. Also handy for toilet breaks wink.
snow report
@flangesax, sun stick for those nipples, can't be too careful.
ski holidays
king key wrote:
martinm wrote:

My thoughts exactly! Laughing Only you were obviously posh we only had string not elastic. Razz

I think ours were on a piece of wool!
I saw a fully grown lady with mittens on a string on the train the others day. I actually burst out laughing, and quickly apologised and said my mum used to do that with mine as a kid. she said she was sick of losing gloves so had resorted back to it!
snow report
LOL! Laughing
latest report
Ruddster wrote:
I have these for some older gloves

http://www.theski-shop.co.uk/3167/products/hestra-glove-retainers-hand-cuffs-100mm-1-pair.aspx

thanks for the link, bought these as the other half got some from Technique Extreme last season and I borrowed them but when I went to buy they were out of stock.

The Hestra ones were maybe twice the price but that's only an extra £2, they are better quality and the free delivery took a whole one day. Excellent.
snow report
schnitzel_skier wrote:
I had some cheapo gloves from Decathlon a few years ago (still going strong) - there's an elasticated loop on the cuff of each and they're brilliant. Simple idea - so simple I stitched my own version of this amazing invention onto my more expensive 'branded' gloves, works a treat and no dropped gloves.

Yep, I had these from Decathalon and can you believe one of them came off the glove! Mind you it was probably after circa 200 days use and the gloves were worn clean through the leather and gaffa tape by then.

So I had to go buy more!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy