Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to the Three Valleys - end of Jan - likely to be busy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

A group of 10 friends / couples are off to St Martin in the 3 valleys on Sunday 29th Jan for a week. I'm just wondering how busy it would be? I know the French school kids half term starts on Saturday 4th Feb, so i expect it would get very busy then? Or would the fact that Saturday is change over day, mean that Saturday would be very quiet?

Our flight on Sunday isnt till 7pm out of Geneva, so i'm thinking we could maybe get a few hours / morning skiing in on the Sunday - which I would assume would definitely be busy.

I've noticed that the Jerusleam run down to St Martin isnt open yet. So i hope it opens by then, as all accounts its a brilliant run.

One last thing, any ideas roughly on how long it would take to get into Courcheval? We've been to Meribel before, but for some reason we never went left. Always skied Meribel or headed right to Val Thorens etc.

Any other advice would be great Smile

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It won't be particularly busy. There may be a bit of a wait for a lift in the morning around ski school lesson start time as there is only one lift out of St Martin, but other than that the area is so big that even if there are lots of people they soon get spread out. If you do see a lift with a queue just use another one - there are multiple routes and links between all the valleys and once you know your way around there is usually no need to join a queue in a my view unless the links are closing due to bad weather and you need to get a particular lift to get back home.

To get to Courchevel is pretty straightforward: two lifts up to the top of the ridge between St Martin and Meribel, ski down the other side, one lift (IIRC) from Meribel up to the ridge between Meribel and Courchevel and ski down the other side. Could take less than an hour, depending on how fast you ski of course!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kieranm wrote:
It won't be particularly busy. There may be a bit of a wait for a lift in the morning around ski school lesson start time as there is only one lift out of St Martin,

Over Christmas and New year it was very very quiet, New years eve we were skiing onto St Martin 1 with not a soul in front. Even passing through peak ski school time we barely saw anyone so I wouldn't expect you to have much of an issue.

rob.m wrote:
Hi guys,

One last thing, any ideas roughly on how long it would take to get into Courcheval? We've been to Meribel before, but for some reason we never went left. Always skied Meribel or headed right to Val Thorens etc.

Thanks

We can get from Les Menuires to Courchevel 1650 within the hour. we even did that with a (competent) 3 week skier, so from St Martin, it should be quicker, it's very easy. Up St Martin 1 and 2. Down Faon into Meribel. Up Rhodos, across to Loze Express and from the top of there you're into Courchevel (or La Tania if you prefer). An alternative from Meribel would be up the cabine to Saulire and down that way, but I'll generally do anything to keep cabine time to a minimum.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No it wont be busy - we have ski'd there the last few January's & our friend is out there for the next few weeks.
His photos show it to be quiet (for the 3V).
He rents a place in St Martin, our favourate 3V resort (if you can call it that.)

They've just had a load of snow & Val T looks great.

They've modified the run at the end of Jerusalem I believe, they were going to put another button lift in, I can ask him if it is open yet.

You can easily get to & from Courcheval within an hour if competent skier, a little more if busy. we once did it with the retired head Pisteur of St Martin & he wouldn't stop for anything and made it easily including a coffee at the end...

From St Martin it is easy to reach any of the 4 corners of the 3V & back in a day, crossing some of the best that it has to offer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy