Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best european place for powder (19-23 Jan)

Poster: A snowHead
I just posted this in the Solo Skiers v Groups - Organising Trips group but actually think it's better placed here - apologies for the double posting Embarassed !! Any thoughts much appreciated.

Quote:
If the stars align, I should be free to head out to the alps this weekend (Thursday 19th - Monday 23rd) to try and catch the tail-end of the recent snowfall.

Where would you go if you were me? Have trip to La Grave already planned for mid-late Feb so I'm just being greedy and trying to get a spot of skiing in before then. Current options are half board, flights and guide in La Grave for £860, Chamonix at £425 (flights, B&B, no guide), or try for somewhere in Engelberg if I can find it.

No flights or anything booked yet, but looking to book ASAP.

This is my first post (long time lurker) so apologies if it's in the wrong section/be gentle.

Cheers

[In case relevant: I'm 28, skiied all my life and do as much off piste / adventurous skiing as I can find (for the last 10 years, I've been lucky enough to do mainly resort-accesed day tours (max 3 hour skin) with family/friends and a guide).]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great skiing in the Espace Killy at the moment & some good deals to be had as it is still January.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm in Les Contamines from Thursday and they've had >120cm Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stewart woodward, @jedster, thanks! Will look into both
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
you missed the Arlberg mate - was one of the best weekends I have had in a couple of years Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the tips!

@jedster, Les Contamines is a good contender but I'm trying to figure out how you would get from your accomodation to whereever the lift starts - it doesn't seem obvious from this town maps:

http://www.leskidunordausud.fr/photos/HIVER/contamines_montjoie/station/plan_contamines_montjoie.jpg

Do you just get in a car, drive and park? Do most people stay elsewhere? All booking sites etc seem to link to Saint-Gervais-les-Bains or Megeve (the other place I'm considering). Would you say hiring a car and staying SGLB/Megeve and driving to Les Contamines an option?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's an easy way 10 min down drive from
St G. Personally I wouldn't stay in megeve if I wanted to ski Les c.
There is a frequent ski bus that loops around Les c and takes you to either telecabine but if we have a car then we normally drive - there are big car parks at each tele.
For the weekend there are two hotels (basic but fine) Gaie Solais and Christiania. I'd bet you could get a room at either. Let me know if you decide on Les C - perhaps a little ski / beer?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Check out forecast for Limone Piemonte Italy this Sunday - though has been downgraded a little from yesterday, was showing 50cm.

http://www.yr.no/place/Italy/Piedmont/Limone_Piemonte/long.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Corsica
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I stayed in the apartment in Les C in this thread - if its available they will do short lets. We did 2 nights - easy drive to telecabine and walkable (our 6 year old did it in normal shoes despite being a reluctant walker)

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=129529&highlight=

Owners really helpful and easy to contact. I have their direct email and telephone if u want to contact quickly to book.

Also came across a local Les C hotel part owned by the ESI instructor we had, will dig it out and forward.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the tips y'all!

Weathercam wrote:
Check out forecast for Limone Piemonte Italy this Sunday - though has been downgraded a little from yesterday, was showing 50cm.

http://www.yr.no/place/Italy/Piedmont/Limone_Piemonte/long.html

Unfort. a bit far from Geneva and I think expected amount of snow has decreased a bit further.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sörenberg:

http://www.onthesnow.co.uk/24hourdump_all.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ster wrote:

Also came across a local Les C hotel part owned by the ESI instructor we had, will dig it out and forward.

La Gelinotte
www.hotel-lagelinotte.net
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Corsica today

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
altis wrote:
Sörenberg:

http://www.onthesnow.co.uk/24hourdump_all.html

Not sure it's worth the extra hour and half drive from Geneva (and actually have to return to Geneva following day)? Other options are Cham/Megeve... which give me an extra hour and half of skiing Smile

How reliable are those reports anyway?
latest report
@recz, ironically a guide I know from La Grave who now works for a Swedish Guiding Co is here where I am in Limone.

What they do is meet the clients at Geneva and then drive them to where the best snow is Cool
ski holidays
Niseko's a long way from Geneva
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy