Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Average cost of 1 week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@CH1975,
Doing the same to Austria for £2600 for a family of four at Feb half term, which includes everything but eating while there. Last year was nearer £2100, but you know Brexit etc. and we are staying near the gondola station this time.
We have cut down the lessons a bit (3 days) to reduce costs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just booked a short break in 'Morzine/Avoriaz' 1st March for 4 nights via Igoski.

2 adults (father and myself)
flights from Liverpool - Gva (1 hold bag & 1 Ski bag inc)
shared transfer
HB catered chalet (triple room)
ski in/out
Passes included for 4 days ski
Total £835 PP

quite a good deal i think, last year we did 3 days ski in Courmayeur, doing it DIY cost £780pp B&B
The chalet looks lovely, but the only issue is location.
states ski in/out however its located in Les Prodains so a bit out of the way
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have to say best value holiday i have come across was Meribel in 2014.

we booked via Powder White, a lovely ski in/out catered chalet in great location.
1 week cost less than £1k including flights, transfers, hire, passes & catered accommodation.

this is best chalet i have every stayed in so thoroughly recommend, althoguh i think you woudl be hard pushed to get the same deal again
http://www.powderwhite.com/chalets/meribel/chanteclair-a.htm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
£870 each for party of six, nice catered chalet in Tignes, inc flights, transfers & lift passes. Going the 16th April for a week
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blahblahblah wrote:
I have given up caring what it costs on a ski holiday.

I wouldn't say I've given up caring, but I've definitely got to the stage in life where I don't mind shelling out to get the accommodation I want in the resort I want, and booking in advance to achieve this as constrained to half term or other holiday periods.

Once there, the marginal cost of eating out more than planned and a few extra beers with tea seems inconsequential!

Applying this logic H/T 2015 resulting in £5k all in for the four of us including kids' lesson and premium kit hire, overnight hotels etc.

We did La Thuile H/T 2011 all in for around £3k, albeit without lessons or eating out. It was the second trip of the year, so no-one was too fussed about economising.

9 days in Banff this Christmas cost £7.5k, though this was probably cheaper than having everyone over for Christmas dinner and I didn't spend all day loading/unloading the dishwasher!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@The Flying Snowplough, Yes, I did not mean it in a blase way, its easier to stay in better quality accommodation near the slopes and I am also tied to holidays.

I know what you you mean about Christmas dinner, it worked out about £700 for 13. I obviously had a couple of walnuts and bottle sherry left.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2 of us, usually use TO, usually go Austria Jan and March, B&B, take or buy own lunch, pizza or spag bol or schnitzel for evening (we knows what we likes!), a beer with meal and then the odd coffee or apres beer. Reckon about £120-150 total food & drink costs at current exchange rates.
Average package (accomn + flight + transfer) £320-400 ( just booked March at £339), lift pass £200-230 average (sometimes get bogof or similar deal), take own skis/board at £40-60 carriage. Also pay £15 ea for pre-allocated seats.
Travel insurance with medical clauses £50+ (though maybe better if on annual policy).
Parking car at airport £11 each.
So absolute total costs each for a week around £800 (gulp Shocked ).
Oh, that's pre ski servicing costs if you count them in, plus any clothing/gear that inevitably gets bought.
And I thought that I managed it fairly on the cheap! Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For my trip last week to Bad Hofgastein, I paid a total of £728 half board in a 3/4 star hotel, in a decent sized single room.

That was £524 for the flights, ski carriage, transfers, accommodation, and £204 for lift pass.

Obviously, with ski carriage there was no equipment hire.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
High level estimate 1K; happy if it's below, but budget / expectation is that

You can get bogged down in the detail of what is possible, both much lower and much higher are easily possible but a nice round it's gonna cost you X works for me. Sometimes i use the multiplier in the 'Where to Ski and Snowboard' book to estimate for the group but it's always a multiple of 1k

Edit: after reading some more replies i should say this is a group level estimate, the Mrs and I spend more but have private lessons, nicer accom / food etc.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My approach is to never add up the total expense. I fear if I did it would just make me miserable.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mid march to 3v. flights with skis and luggage £80pp return. transfers £70pp. self catered apartment £200pp. so £350 + lift pass, insurance and whatever food and drink consumed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ed123 wrote:
My approach is to never add up the total expense. I fear if I did it would just make me miserable.

+1
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy