Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for solo trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I lost my username and password so had to re-register!
So this year I'm all out of people to go skiing with. I want to go still but struggling. I'm really limited on dates due to work (ideally 18/19th Feb, or possibly the week after).
I don't know where to begin. I've googled for solo holidays but a lot are booked up and they seem expensive anyway. Obviously standard holidays are expensive due to the single supplement.

Has anyone got any ideas/suggestions.

I really want a catered chalet, or would do a hotel with chalet or half board. I don't mind where I go as long as there's snow!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That week (w/c 18th) is also one of the half term ones - not the worst of the two but there is bound to be some upward pressure on prices as a result. Which is why I don't tend to organise one of the bashes then.

Welcome to snowHeads, @Snoball snowHead
Who were you in your previous incarnation?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of UCPA (Action Outdoors) courses starting 18th Feb. And some Snoworks courses starting 26th Feb.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes I wondered if that was having an effect. I've never been later in the season, towards March, and didn't know what snow would be like.
I couldn't remember my username. That was the problem! I got some great advice about my technique tho.

I haven't heard of UCPA or snoworks. I'll take a look. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi im Tomasz
My offer still open, if you are interested, I invite you.

I invite the person concerned - man to a common trip for a week in Italy - Aosta - Pila.
4 -11 February
I have a ready book (studio) in the heart of the old city of Aosta.
It costs 460 euros - whole, but I give notice so your cost is 200 euros. (Payment on site not earlier)
I fly from Edinburgh to Turin Saturday morning 4 February - from Manchester plane lands at the same time in Turin.
Flight from Edinburgh or Manchester about 140 pounds, with a lot of luggage and your own ski equipment.
Total cost is around £ 500 (Flight, studio, ski pass)
Ps. Studio with one large sofa bed Very Happy
Interested persons please contact tomek0805@op.pl or here
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@consett0805, the OP said "I'm really limited on dates due to work (ideally 18/19th Feb, or possibly the week after)."
So that doesn't fit does it?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@admin, Always someone can change plans. This is only my suggestion. Sorry if this is wrong, you can delete
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So I've had a look. The UCPA sounds good. I could do with some instruction too, I'm at a bit of a plateau.

I've done hosteling before and shared dorm rooms so i guess this is similar. Not done it skiing though. I tend to like to relax a bit after a day skiing, you know in my room and read for a bit, have a nap! Haha. Plus I'm not really into staying out late drinking. I'll have a few but skiing can be hard! And I like to get enough rest. (I know, I sound old!)
Will I still fit in to this sort of crowd?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Consett0805. Unfortunately the first two weeks of Feb are impossible for me.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Snoball, Thank you for your response, I thought that you have not already specified period
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Snoball, I have sent you a PM
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Has anyone been on a Contiki trip? They're offering a week in Hopfagarten, half board, coach travel from London. I don't know the resort, or how much snow there is (or chance of snow). But also I'm a bit worried it's too partyish?! It's 18-35, and I'm 35! Does anyone know. I'm happy mixing with anyone but also I'm not drinking through the night every night. I'm there to ski.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The UCPA trips are great value for money, and perfect for solos. You'll be roomed with other solos, most of whom tend to be towards the older end of the age spectrum - young uns tend not to go on holiday by themselves!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks. I'm leaning towards UCPA. Les deux alpes is looking cheapest based on flights I can get but just gonna finish checking them all out. If one of the other resorts is load better I can pay a little more.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have sent you a PM
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy