Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel group lesson levels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Be grateful for advice whether to book a level 5 or 6 lesson as I can only justify one trip! Typical late 30s nervous late lady learner. I've done about 4 weeks on snow and progressed to easier reds in good conditions and then skipped a couple of years. Takes me a while to get confident again and with ropey conditions last year I stuck to blues. Worried level 5 sounds basic ("can you make the top of our main slope") but don't want to hold up a faster group. Advice welcome, thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From the sounds of things skills development might be what you need or a main slope private
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Martin - really helpful Very Happy

I can't see much availability for private in the time I have (is quite a journey for me) so skills development it is! Hopefully I will find my feet again quickly. Thanks for PM too!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are happy skiing blues and easy reds, I'd just get a lift pass session and go and ski a bit to get yourself back into it. It's a very gentle blue slope with a button lift up each side, if the aim of the game is to get your ski legs back ahead of week in the mountains, then just go and have a ski rather than pay a fortune for a lesson.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been doing these drills while in the fridge, takes away some of the just go up and down, and has certainly helped get ski legs back.

http://youtube.com/v/5F8tvSlUEAs
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wouldn't do the group lesson, my wife did a L6 but found it didn't give anywhere close to the same experience as a private lesson (and to be fair it probably wouldn't). I'd go for a private either with the instructors at Hemel or InsideOut who I (and a lot of others) highly recommend. I know its considerably more money but if you've only got one trip in you then this will give you the best bang for buck, I'd likely then do what @t44tomo suggested and follow that with a lift pass to practice what you've done.

Also, pick your time carefully and try and avoid weekends. If you can go for a morning on a Monday or Wednesday outside of school holidays you'll get the best conditions. Lunchtime on a week day is also a great time.

As for the Hemel dome its great and well worth it.

Good luck

p.s. Keep an eye on the webcam to get a feel for the level of people and there events calendar so you can track anything special going on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks so much to you all; really appreciate these tips.
I was initially going to head for a slope pass as @t44tomo suggested but I feel a bit of instruction might be helpful as it is partly a confidence thing for me. Last year it took me half of a morning private lesson on holiday to stop feeling like a beginner (although I'd had 2 years out prior to 2016, this time it's just been the year). Not great value! I already found watching the video helpful (thank you @endoman) just to remind myself of good technique- I'm not very good at translating instruction into good skiing so reminders are very helpful!

I would go for a private lesson as Martin and @djf suggest except I don't think they are available on the Wed mornings I'm looking to go.

I'll give them a call and see what they have - the snow centre advisers were very pleasant on the phone but this has been brilliant, thank you Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We run half day improver courses at Hemel with a max group size of 4 which may suit you , have a look at http://www.insideoutskiing.com/inside.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @skimottaret - I'm actually meant to be doing my packing that day in Feb (4 young children skiing..!) but could definitely be tempted as that looks excellent
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skimum1 wrote:
Thanks @skimottaret - I'm actually meant to be doing my packing that day in Feb (4 young children skiing..!) but could definitely be tempted as that looks excellent

@Bride of Tubaski has done a couple of those clinics and really enjoyed them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skimum1 wrote:

If there is any way you are able to rearrange things, I too would definitely recommend going on one if these clinics http://www.insideoutskiing.com/inside.html

I've only had to pack for 2 children (and a husband 🙄) so not quite your level of precision planning! But, rather than arriving in resort already feeling a little nervous, a good lesson will help you get your 'ski legs' back, build some confidence and feel more relaxed about your skiing. I'm sure it would be worth the hassle!!

I hope you have a great holiday!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you all so much - looks really promising and I think with a bit of organisation I may be able to sort it out. Very Happy
Everyone has been so immensely helpful, what a great response - thank you all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy