Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump 2017

Poster: A snowHead
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Agree that it would be nice to have something to cut down on the padding, 90 minutes is a bit too long really but hopefully that's just a first week thing.

That's what the record button is for... start watching half an hour after the start and fast forward through the padding and adverts!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The program would be a lot better IMO if they focussed more on the training sessions showing how the celebrities progress in their skiing with tips from Warren Smith that we could all learn from.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Mrs turned it on last night and we both ended up being fairly riveted. I was surprised she enjoyed it so much but I think it was partly an appreciation of the bravery of those involved. I think it has definitely improved and the balance is just about right for a general entertainment prog.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JoyZipper, I have no doubt that their ratings would increase if they replaced her with someone likeable.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure why so many are so down on Davina McCall. I think she's very watchable, but perhaps I'm just a dirty old man! Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gordyjh, when I hear her, it's like fingernails down a blackboard.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@marcellus, don't have a record button and 4OD leaves a lot to be desired.

@Gordyjh, she's not funny (not are her script writers) and the non-stop shouting and gurning for the camera are irritating. Okay she's a yay and has a nice bum, but plenty of other, less irritating people have those characteristics.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I see there are a few of the usual annual comments about who are the celebs, and while some of the reality tv celebs are admittedly unknown to me, I actually think it's the strongest line up yet and anyone with a slight interest in sport should know who Bradley Wiggins, Jason Robinson, Robbie Fowler, Gareth Thomas, Jade Jones, Louis Smith & Kadeena Cox are? All giants in their respective sporting fields with multiple medals and titles between them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting nobody has mentioned Jason Robinson (sorry if I missed it) I fancy him (not in the biblical sense!). He is built I like a ski jumper (tiny) and driven to succeed. I could see it coming down to the Rugby boys again.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You might well be right. A rugby player came first last year and second the previous year so they clearly have the form to succeed. This year we have two of them so I wonder if the word has gone out in the rugby community that this is great fun and something they do well in.

The rugby guys are certainly strongly built and most likely to survive the typical falls and knocks they're going to get. They're also sporty and focused so are going to do well in the events.

If it wasn't for the strength of some of the others I could see the rugby guys running away with it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It'll come down to whoever is the best jumper. It shouldn't matter how good you are at skiing/boarding/skeleton as long as you can beat the others in the jump off.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dode, I feel the clue is in the title! Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I too fancy Jason Robinson (in the biblical sense!).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@olderscot, rugby players tend to be quite ballsy too, so the idea of standing at the top of the jump doesn't phase them as much. Add to that powerful legs for the pop and a general ability to take a bit of a beating and you can see why they do well.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Watched it last night, apart from DMcC's innuendo bingo nominations I thought it was actually quite good entertainment, happy I could FF through the dross though. How cheesy can they make Austria look, the locals must hate it, albeit it brings in money I guess....

Amusing to see Bradley Wiggins struggling and mutterings, as well as the guy Spencer clearly eyeing up his targets, think he's maybe got another agenda, or didn't realise what "The Jump" really meant?!
latest report
I liked it , at least it was skiing and not faffing about in ski boots etc.
So much could be better , its all over the place with Davina in charge , no need for all that nonsense.
More skiing! Less bouncing about.
Would it not work better with a best of 3 slalom , maybe with a few more gates , pre record it with the finals live.
The jump is ridiculous , just bin that , stick the bottom 4 into a ski cross race off.
Suppose to keep the name they could have a proper ski jump and show off any UK jumpers (if there is any) , like each show opens with a jump then move on.
Havent a clue who most of them are but they are all doing fantastic! so much progress , lets hope they have mostly ski events to see how they develop.
snow report
Whitters wrote:
I see there are a few of the usual annual comments about who are the celebs, and while some of the reality tv celebs are admittedly unknown to me, I actually think it's the strongest line up yet and anyone with a slight interest in sport should know who Bradley Wiggins, Jason Robinson, Robbie Fowler, Gareth Thomas, Jade Jones, Louis Smith & Kadeena Cox are? All giants in their respective sporting fields with multiple medals and titles between them.

Agreed, the sports people are/were all world class athletes in their time and most should be household names. I'm rather surprised that someone like Jade Jones who is still competing is in it as an injury could damage her career.

The other celebrities are generally more Z-listers although Caprice should be fairly well known and Spencer is a fairly big name in reality TV world.
latest report
*Think* all the active Team GB athletes have had funding suspended until they've completed the show. Kadeena Cox has, and I think Jade Jones did too, not sure what Louis Smiths status is at the moment - is he still on suspension?
snow conditions
From what little I know it was a 2 month suspension announced on 1st November. I assume these things are normally 'with immediate effect' so in theory his ban should be well over by now.
ski holidays
I watched the first half hour or so with wifey last night, and it was a surprise how much better it was than I had expected. Compared quite favourably against a fairly dull and worthy Ski Sunday.

But yes, it could do with a lot less Davina McCall, cut it down to an hour.
snow report
Fast forward is your friend when watching this programme!
ski holidays
I enjoy it and watch it just to say "no flipping way would I do that". I know a lot of people call it out, but to have the cojones to do what they do, I think respect to them. Granted, the Austrian "bar" is a bit daft, and I have to be in the mood to watch DMcC, but watching a novice hurtle down a skeleton run is the trade-off. Agree SnoodlesMcFlude, rugby players do have a different attitude. I know this by having to practically confiscate the skiis from my rugby mad 12 year old last year when he was adamant he could do a black run, including jumps. He is comfortable on blues only!!! Nightmare.
snow report
Was good to see a snowHead in the chalet amongst the 'celebs' on last night's show.
I know that he was there last weekend, so there is a week's timelag between filming the competition and it airing on our screens.
snow report
So its official, SIR Bradley Wiggins is out with a broken leg (well a fracture that needs rest for 6-8 weeks).....to say he didn't look interested is an under statement.....nice little pay day presumably, did the bare minimum, moaned plenty and gets a nice little well paid break in the Alps.

I actually quite enjoyed it last night, on pause whilst having dinner then fast forward through Davina and the adverts version. They look like they're having a great laugh.....Robbie Fowler very funny guy.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
I actually quite enjoyed it last night, on pause whilst having dinner then fast forward through Davina and the adverts version.

Wish I could do that, find it very tedious sitting through all the shouting and filler.

Impressed by Louis Smith, think that's the first time that anyone has been properly good on the snow skate things.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
So its official, SIR Bradley Wiggins is out with a broken leg .....to say he didn't look interested is an under statement..... did the bare minimum, moaned plenty

OR has he thrown a massive hissy because he most likely can't win and has decided to not play OR the required secret stash of performance enhancers courierd over were not going to make that happen !! #controversial Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Seems a bit of a farce if their efforts to avoid live injury involve prerecorded for at least 2 weeks ahead and having people disappear and reappear and then make announcements they have left but will still be on for the next 2 weeks.
snow report
Sir Bradley Wiggins comes off as a bit of a bad sport imho. Even before he discovered a small fracture in his leg. Bit of a pint.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38952922
ski holidays
Wiggins seems an odd fish , god knows whats going on there.
latest report
Wiggo is so up himself he needs a torch to get out! What a contrast between his attitude and all the others, who seem to have bonded and compete 100% but still seem to have fun and respect for each other. Hat's off to them for balls I say, especially the snowcross and taking on the skeleton! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Suspect he entered as part of a reputation saving PR exercise following all the TUE/what's in the envelope rumpus. Epic fail. And what's growing on his chin Puzzled
latest report
Does anyone know why Wiggins appears to be back in?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 19-02-17 23:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@P10DW, I believe the skeleton was pre-filmed - he said he'd be in for the next couple of weeks due to stuff they already filmed when he announced he was injured out.
ski holidays
@P10DW, I think that he's gone now but was still shown today as I think that they record the skeleton as one of the first things.
latest report
Starts at 6.30 next week, in case you missed that.
snow report
Crazy scoring system imo, why not have the 4 or 5 slowest overall jumping rather than the loser in each skeleton race?
snow conditions
@Markymark29, agreed. It doesn't make any sense - you can be the second fastest overall and still have to do the jump or be the slowest out of everyone who competed but get through automatically because the person you were drawn against was too incompetent to be allowed to race. Bonkers
ski holidays
@Markymark29, it's not really a competition though, they're trying to create a spectacle and often that's done by keeping the crap and hysterical ones in the game.
snow conditions
No she is presenting
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy