Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SunGod goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Morning,

Now that these have been out for a year or so, i was wondering what people's thoughts were on these Goggles, I've seen the price has gone up slightly.

would you recommend these ? do you know of any other brands that are similar that are just as good?

Thanks
Nobby
Little Angel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nobsoc, I have had mine since the kickstarter campaign, really like them. Have the gold and blue/green lenses - easy to change, don't fog, love the customisable styles. We see more and more of them around Verbier and now used by the Powder Extreme pro coaches too.

Price rise, almost certainly down to the devaluation of sterling.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I also have some (caveat: they generously gave them to me) and have been very happy with them so far. No issues at all with fog or durability, lenses are great, very easy to switch lenses, look good.

Sunglasses are great too - I really like the polarised lenses.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
my only issue with all of these new Google brands is their own lack of internal R&D (that and most places that all use them tend to be sponsored by them), pretty much all of these new brands are straight off Alibaba and the lack of long-term product support and lack of actual companies R&D and testing (compared with Smith or Oakley) are always a worry, these days they are not much cheaper than the big brands. Back when Melon launched the price was about 1/3rd of anything so it was worth a punt.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a pair of the goggles and they seem decent enough although I've not had a chance to put them to the test yet. I can highly recommend the sunglasses with the polarised lenses though, absolutely quality and the best sunnies I've ever bought.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 11-01-17 13:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@lordf, that may apply to others, but not SunGod, they did their own extensive R&D to develop the goggles.

Which are different from Google goggles! wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is there much potential for innovative R&D in the giggles and sports sunglasses area? Isn't it fairly mature technology? Design department and promotions department for sure, but R&D?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steve Sparks wrote:
@lordf, that may apply to others, but not SunGod, they did their own extensive R&D to develop the goggles.

Which are different from Google goggles! wink

Of which I have seen no proof on their site of; there is no mention of how extensive their R&D is, where it was done or how long it was carried out for, care to enlighten the rest of us on it? I've had my own exp with claims of R&D with years of working in suspension development so I'm always a skeptic when I can't see any proof of it. Not that theres anything wrong with parts in China as they have developed some very good components that I still use on my own car these days, on the same token they have also developed some parts we tested that I wouldn't wish on anyone but they all looked the same on the surface and all had 'extensive R&D'...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@lordf, There's a bit more info here. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1985821407/sungod-revolt-goggles-life-looks-better-this-winte
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was going to buy a pair when it was on kickstarter. Good to see that they have progressed as it looks like a great product. When it was kickstarter didnt you get 2 lenses when you purchased the goggles? They are £95 on their own and another £45 for an extra lens. I thought the point with them was the easy change lenses and they came with another lens?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steve Sparks wrote:
@lordf, There's a bit more info here. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1985821407/sungod-revolt-goggles-life-looks-better-this-winte
Nothing in their Kickstarter video persuaded me that there was anything innovative about their goggles. They look like decent goggles and I like the styling, but all the features such as easy change lenses, double lens, triple foam, variety of lens colours, etc are standard features on many, many goggles. Just seems to me that the capacity for genuine R&D, as opposed to good design, is pretty limited for sunglasses and goggles. When was the last time there was a genuine and significant innovation in this market?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How easy is it to exchange the lenses compared to the Scott LCG goggles.

I have found the LCG goggles very easy to change the lenses on.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had a look through the kickstarter as well, same as @rob@rar, nothing convinced me that they have done anything of difference or done any R&D other than spend some time in Verbier.

The samples and custom mold are still an indication of an Alibaba job as most of the companies on there off the creation of your own molds once the design has been established, then it would simply be a bulk order of a few lens tints and strap and frame colours.

The price point is pretty high for them compared to others, I picked up my IO-X's with two lenses for the same amount as their single lens offer. For the price point they would have be significantly better than say an Oakley Prizim or IO-X which I'm just know they are not.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've had them for over a year now, as has my wife. We've both said how much we like the goggles but they do scratch quite easily. The wife scratched hers by dropping them before they'd even seen snow, mine haven't touched concrete but are still quite scratched somehow.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My old Oakleys were abused for about six years and used for about four weeks at least a year and barley showed any marks aside from where I got a ski pole across the face, even that only just managed to scratch them but it didn't effect them.
ski holidays
thanks for all the info guys ! i think i'll be sticking with my oakleys for now, ...although they do look very nice Neh Neh (trying to find another cheap no bezel goggle now ) rolling eyes
latest report
Jeez, who could be arsed with all that switching lenses for conditions when skiing.

It's like switchable cycling lenses - mine are (although I bought for comfort), and (quelle surprise) I keep the clear lens in 99.99% of the time unless it's uber sunny.

Sunglasses for sunny conditions, quality Oakley goggles for flat light and snow.
latest report
nelly0168 wrote:
Jeez, who could be arsed with all that switching lenses for conditions when skiing.

It's like switchable cycling lenses - mine are (although I bought for comfort), and (quelle surprise) I keep the clear lens in 99.99% of the time unless it's uber sunny.

Sunglasses for sunny conditions, quality Oakley goggles for flat light and snow.

I can't ski in sun glasses, get far far too much wind in the face at speed to make it comfortable, also on a fresh blue bird powder day I can't see how you would cope with face shots. Unless your in the full wrap style sun glasses I find I get far too much glare off the slopes.

I carry two lenses with me, Green Solx for sun and blue sensor for manky days. I have both in my pack as there have been a fair few days where I have needed to swap during the day. In Scotland I pretty much stick to my igniter mirror as it goes from no vis to sun in the time of the lift at Glen Coe most days.
snow conditions
nelly0168 wrote:

I can't ski in sun glasses, get far far too much wind in the face at speed to make it comfortable, also on a fresh blue bird powder day I can't see how you would cope with face shots. Unless your in the full wrap style sun glasses I find I get far too much glare off the slopes.

I carry two lenses with me, Green Solx for sun and blue sensor for manky days. I have both in my pack as there have been a fair few days where I have needed to swap during the day. In Scotland I pretty much stick to my igniter mirror as it goes from no vis to sun in the time of the lift at Glen Coe most days.
snow conditions
I really like mine, skied 3 weeks so far and only one tiny scratch where someone bashed my skis into my face in a crowded cable car. I think goggles without a thicker bevel will always scratch more easily as its much easier for things to touch the lens, so I'm pretty careful with mine when I take them off. I have the pink lens and its served me well in all light conditions (slightly not dark enough on the very brightest days but not so much its an issue).
latest report
went ahead and ordered two pairs now that their stock is back in ! Smile

if they are rubbish i will blame you lot x x
snow report
Just bumping this as a mate of mine writes a cycling blog and has got a 48 hr 20% discount code for their goggles and glasses.

Code is ROUBAIXCYCLING20 and runs out on Wednesday I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy