Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight stop around Dijon - close to the A31 or A39??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello! We have made a last min change to our plan of travelling to Morillon on Sat 18th Feb (the second uk half term) and have decided to take the kids out of school on the Friday and break the back of the drive then.

We will be travelling from Cardiff early on the Friday morning. I reckon we can get to Dijon by early evening assuming there is no major delays. However i am finding lots of the cheaper places are already fully booked.

Can anyone recommend anywhere that will sleep 4 of us on a budget? Ideally we'd like to stick as close to the A31 or the A39 as we can rather than go into the city. Anywhere before or after Dijon would be fine. Oh and it has to have its own bathroom! Very Happy

Any suggestions or better ideas??

Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotel montigny. Good location, price and secure parking
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
130 euro for quad ensuite
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I sometimes stay in Dole close to Dijon by coincidence when I am driving from Switzerland up to north of France for work, it is just a few kms off the A39.the hotel is the ibis Dole Sud Choisey and is not bad quality for an Ibis with a good breakfast. There is an Ibis Budget around the corner too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you both! I will have a look at those now.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd recommend any of the following - whichever is cheapest:
Ibis Styles Troyes (bit further north)
Novotel Dijon Sud
Mercure Bourg en Bresse
Novotel Beaune (you can then cut across from A6 to A39 via A40 at Macon)

They are usually around £100 B and B for a family of four.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Holiday inn express dijon. Stayed there tast year. Modern well equipped and good breakfast about 48e a night.5 mins off autoroute
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I traveled a similar journey twice in December and would definatly reccomend stopping around Dijon, Bourg en Bresse was just a bit too far. Ibis Novotel and Mercure are all fine, but if you fancy someting really unusual the Auberge de la Quatr'Heurie in Beze is 15 mins off the A39 and is like a medieval castle and our food was cooked over a log fire. We got a four bed room for £70 via Booking.com. Formule 1 should be avoided unless you are really skint.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another recommendation here for the Auberge de la Quat'Heurie in Beze, super charming and a good price for something a bit different.

But watch out for the two way mirror in the bathroom of the family suite. What were they thinking ? It made morning shower time a bit interesting for everyone (including Grandma, who was travelling with us!)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A few years ago, we stayed at the Ibis Budget Beaune. It is two minutes off the A31. After checking in we drove five minutes to the Parking des Chanceliers. From there you can walk into the town. Beaune is small but very attractive. Many of the restaurants offer some very distinguished wines - often in half bottles, which makes them more affordable.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would also recommend trying Beaune. there are numerous budget and slightly better hotels just off the motorway exit. We are booked into 'Budget Hotel' this year but have used, Kyriad, Novotel, Novotel budget, Ibis, Holiday Inn etc. in the past who are all within a couple of minutes of the motorway. There's a decent little bakery there if you don't want to do the hotel breakfast and also a Carrefour with petrol station for cheap fuel and Beaune is doable on 1 tank of fuel from filling up in Calais even in a Discovery!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@breeze11, Is your heart set on Dijon or have you thought about Troyes as an option? Première Classe hotels are OK and have availability. The rooms can be quite small but if you took two rooms and had one adult and one child in each then it's currently 39.60 euros per room (without breakfast) at Troyes Sud Buchères, which is 3km from the city centre, and 31.07 euros (again not including breakfast) at Troyes La Chapelle Saint Luc which is 11 km from the city.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi all, thank you for your suggestions. I have had a good look at them all and have decided to go for the Ibis budget in Dole. It seemed the closest to the motorway on the route we took last year. We have gone for two rooms like some of you have suggested.

Thank you again!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For the record: Add http://www.hotel-de-paris.fr as 10 mins from the A39, and my favourite UK/Alps stopover (with restaurant http://www.lasergenterie.com ).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy