Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to St Anton Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I've done a bit of searching and everything on SH looks like it's a couple of years old, so apologies if I'm going over old ground but wanted to check I was dealing with up to date info!

We've created the perfect storm by 5 of us agreeing to go to St Anton on the 5th of Feb. As such to avoid paying a ridiculous amount for flights we booked them to Munich. This may or may not have worked out more expensive than just flying to Innsbruck but I digress.

There are 5 of us with 4 pairs of skiis and a snowboard and we've been quoted €130 a head for return transfers. Does that sound like a reasonable price? I think renting would be more expensive and I doubt many of us would be too keen to get the train.

Thanks

Stuart
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RosigLOL, That sounds a reasonable price, however if you use www.tirol-taxi they are quoting 565 Euros return for 5 people I.e 113 Euros per person.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, Thanks very much for that. I've emailed to see if that includes ski equipment!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RosigLOL wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Thanks very much for that. I've emailed to see if that includes ski equipment!

It should do, it certainly did when I used them last November (to Hintertux). Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RosigLOL, Assuming you're going for a week i suspect rental + fuel will actually work out better.

A quick search on Holiday Autos: https://www.holidayautos.co.uk/book?c=gb&clientID=463473&CT=MP&ln=en&pickupID=290&returnID=290&pickupName=Munich%20-%20Airport%20-%20%20Franz%20Josef%20Strauss&returnName=Munich%20-%20Airport%20-%20%20Franz%20Josef%20Strauss&pickupDateTime=2017-02-05T10%3A00%3A00&returnDateTime=2017-02-12T10%3A00%3A00&age=30&passNum=0&curr=GBP&carGroupID=0&residenceID=GB&countryID=DE&elID=411484045260593#/vehicle/1778130584

Fuel, CDW, toll (?) and i reckon you'll still get change at 100 euros each.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saving on flights is not necessarily a good idea because Munich is not really a St Anton access airport. BTW I know people do.

Munich Airport is some 30km north of Munich. By train normally involves two changes (munich & innsbruck)

https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2.exe/dn?ld=15040&protocol=https:&seqnr=1&ident=0f.0350240.1484053261&rt=1&OK#focus

The nearest airport is Innsbruck, short bus ride to train station then its 1 hour direct to St Anton

Zurich Airport is the preferred (hardly ever closed due to weather) access. short train ride to Zurich HBF change trains the its 2hr direct ride to St Anton.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unfortunately the OP has already booked flights to Munich!

Having said that I fly to Munich every year and enjoy the pleasant 3 hour cross country drive to Salzburgerland, which I accept is in the opposite direction from Munich

I would have no qualms about driving to St Anton as it's only 220km and the time looks roughly the same as my usual 3 hours. Whilst we go cross country to avoid the half term motorway traffic I assume that is not something you will need to do, although there are others who are better placed to answer that. Having said that, it doesn't really matter time wise if you're going to cab it or drive yourself, you're still in a car

I've got a 7 seater for half term week from Munich for £478 from Sixt all in but I'm sure you could get better than that for the week before. In fact there were other cheaper options for HT week but I like Sixt so didn't mind paying the little extra
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@robandliza,

Quote:

I would have no qualms about driving to St Anton as it's only 220km and the time looks roughly the same as my usual 3 hours

The only issue with that is that 3 hours can stretch into 6, if you're out of luck. Zürich + train to St. Anton is very reliable and actually a nice connection.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy