Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunnies - and quality service from Maui Jim

Poster: A snowHead
So I've always used Oakleys for skiing , and still would if (a) I hadn't lost 2 pairs ( if anyone found some on the La Tania bubble, I hope you are enjoying them...) , and (b) hadn't been given some Vaurnet as a gift so didn't bother replacing. These bad boys are the business, and very glad to give them a thumbs up.

But I've seen people on old threads here talk about Maui Jims,

Well, I have a pair of those too (also a freebie), and they are similarly tremendous - slightly lighter in both colour and weight to the Vaurnet, so used at different times. But really, point of this is to give their team in the UK a shout out for service.

I've seen Oakley get fulsome praise too, but as losing those rather than breaking is my style, I can only note, rather than comment.

The MJ s I sat on and broke the arm. Sad Eventually got around to calling them, asking where I could get a replacement. They advised of a few places, but said there would be the local retailer charge on top, so I ended up sending them in, thinking well, it's been 4 years, let's see.

There were emails throughout the process advising of progress, plus a phone call to discuss options (did I want to replace the lenses - they suggested probably not as they were only a little bit scratched and if not a problem, they weren't in the business of unnecessary repairs).
£12 admin fee, no charge for bits, cleaned and back in 3 days, 'signed for' delivery, solid packaging. Effectively as new. I am now an advocate for life.

If only all retailers could be like sunglass manufacturers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I agree about their service... I had the bridge of a pair snap so got in touch, obviously they asked how old they were...... errrmmm ooohh had a flick through some photo albums from late the 1990s and there I was wearing them so they apologised as they were no longer covered by warranty!!

Still never mind send them in and we'll refurb them and minimal cost (can't remember how much it was now) and a few days later I received the "refurbished" pair back!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always fancied a pair of Maui Jims but can't justify as all three pairs of my Oakleys are still alive Toofy Grin . Would agree that Oakley customer service is very good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I only asked for new Oakley lenses rather than a broken frame repair. As they didn't have them, a tenner for admin and 50% off any current model.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am on pair 3 having paid for 1. Awesome service, totally very impressed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I lost mine a few years back, and replaced with some less expensive Bollés, but I did love them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Arctic Roll, I had a similar experience after breaking one of the arms on my MJs.
Not cheap to buy but very light and great clarity of vision. Very impressed with their repair service
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Update: managed to break the other arm last week... what a klutz. (Or maybe a design flaw - it was exactly the same spot as the previous. Mind you, they are more than a few years old now so I guess plastic does degrade)

This time, no charge at all: no admin, not even P&P Just happy, smiley service.

These MJ boys and girls are the business, and have one very happy customer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A cynic might say that businesses which can afford to have a totally awesome warranty and customer service process can do so because there is huge margin built into the physical product. Not to say it isn't nice to know they've got your back.

Also nice to find a "quality" brand that isn't owned by Luxottica ( though they may make Maui Jim possibly).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or if you are on the way to the BB you can pop into the factory that make Oakleys... and Ray Ban.... and Prada..

Luxotica near Beluno

Bob
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For skiing I like Sungods - for driving, beach etc I like RayBans.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, I have liked my Oakleys - and their customer service. However, I can't help noticing that builder suppliers are now offering Bolle sunnies at a knockdown price. Anything wrong with them? I f they are OK, who needs customer service at that price?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Once more an MJ arm break (What AM I doing???!!) and once more impecable service - only this time, they've replaced the whole things.
Brand new, slight design variation (I suspect actually since the others were 9 years old they don't have spares anymore...), just as light, just as tinted, and, as seems to be their way, absolutely free.

Obviously they like that I'm tweeting and posting that they're great. But they are.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arctic Roll, Blooming heck. Where do you hang your sunnies when not on your head if you keep sitting on them? Your crack? Happy

For skiing I would always recommend getting something with good wrap around and at least cat3 block. I have Jublo photo chromatic cat 2-4 and they are brilliant (but big white things) and bought at the OSB in VT for 49 euros instead of 160Euros Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@GlasgowCyclops, forgot I'd shifted them up onto my bonce to be able to see indoors, tried to remove a jumper, caught the arm and twisted it... doh!
Nice discount you got yourself there...
I have the Vaurnet's for skiing - but find they are a bit too heavy for general wear. The MJs are just sweet.
snow report
Bolle tinted safety glasses from screwfix, 100% uv block, no block on perpheral vision, good wrap round to keep wind out of my eyes, good clarity, £7.99 disposable!
latest report
Persol 2814-s sunglasses for skiing. G15 lenses, solid frame.

I looked at MJ's and did get tempted with a couple of styles, but I felt they were too light and flimsy.
Good to hear about their customer service, I may just look at them again.
snow report
@skimastaaah, I agree. The trade off for the lightness of MJs is their flimsiness. I imagine that’s why repairs are done with no fuss.

I like my MJs but think Ray Bans are still the best all rounders. I have difficulty though getting them with a bit of wraparound to filter side sun and wind.
ski holidays
@tangowaggon, I took your tip on the EOSB nada bought the luxury DeWalt form Screwfix at £18 and keep these in the car as my sunnies when driving. Very nice.

To all. I recommend getting the @tangowaggon, specs. They are actually quite nice. Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy