Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy mid march mid-range- can't do it!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
After trying to plan a reasonable vacation in France and failing, I have decided to change my destination to Italy.
I am literaly going crazy and became obsessed with this planning! Puzzled

My husband and I are going on our 3rd ski trip. We are biginners/intermediates.
The most importent thing for us is:

Good snow coverage, good ski school (We've had some bad experiences), prefer ski in/out, accomodation needs to be clean, basic is OK, and best in city center, we prefer eating out in the evenings. I was hoping to find accomodation in about 700 dolars a night.
date: 11-18/03

I was thinking about:
Cervinia- couldn't find anything reasonably priced on booking.com. Have been looking on airb&b but no luck there too. I checked places that can be connected to Cervinia by ski lift but couldn't find.
Livigno- same problem with prices.
Pila- I contacted Carole after reading some recomendations here in the forum and currently waiting for her reply. But was wondering- Isn't this sight too small? We are used to big sights (Les Arc, Saalbach)
Sestrier- For sure seems big enough and has good snow coverage, but also couldn't find reasonable accomodation.

If anyone can recommend which of the sights he thinks would suit my needs, and even better- If you can recommend acomodation+ ski school- I will be forever greatful!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry I meant 700 dolars for the whole week
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That cost sounds very low.

Random thought - El Tarter in Andorra is a very quiet village, probably enough places to eat out but you might need an effort to find good places (we always cook at home), I've checked there are 2-3 apartments available within about 200m walk from the lift for 5-700€ for those dates. Ski area (Grandvalira) is huge, teachers are good. Not sure about flights (Barcelona - Toulouse) and you'd need to sort transfers.

Good luck anyway Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Sauze d'oulx and Bardonecchia, Sauze is better. Also, the village in Sauze is steep, 100 yards, is 100 yards, uphill!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What sort of dollars? And not many city centres have ski in/iaccommodation! When are you planning to travel? And is 700 (of some variety of dollars) for two people? Room only?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Thuile (on Italy/France border) ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry, see you say mid March. Where have you tried in France? Mid March is low season in France. . How about self-catering? Much more choice than Italy and masses of ski in/out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also, MonteRosa - some good ski in/out locations there...

In Cervina, try the local tourist information center. That's worked well for me in the past...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Sorry, see you say mid March. Where have you tried in France? Mid March is low season in France. . How about self-catering? Much more choice than Italy and masses of ski in/out.

But on the mountain food prices are so much friendlier in Italy....

Of course the Dolomites offer loads of options - must be something there in that price range...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You will not believe, a miracle happened to me!
I clicked Mayerhofen on booking.com and found amazing acomnodation for 560 usd for the whole week.
I booked it, since I can cancel if I choose.
Do you think the price of skipass, restaurants and guidance will be a lot ,more than they are in Italy, and I should stick woth Italy and explore youe amazing offers?
I put my trust in you guys, what do you say?
The flight to Munich costs the same as the flight to Milan.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Check Valtournenche tourist office a number of reasonably priced family run hotels.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mayrhofen's a fine resort. Lift passes comparable to most places. I've not skied in Cervinia for many years but don't think Mayerhofen's any more expensive than Cervinia was.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@michald,
Food/drink is cheap in Austria compared to most places (especially France). Unless you are at the bottom of the Ahornbahn it is not really ski in/out. I haven't been for a long time, but it is snow-sure and a good area.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes Austria and Italy good cheapish food and drink on the mountain. France and Switzerland expensive.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bormio. Check out our site below.
snow conditions
Thanks guys, this is very reassuring, I will check the flights and after I know for sure where I'm going, I'll ask you some more questions about ski schools etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy