Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile, Aosta

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
27/12/16-3/1/17
No snow for nearly a week before we turned up, but the resort was >90% open. First five days were beyond expectation, blue skies, not one cloud, no wind. Only on the last day did a hint of cloud appear, and the wind pick up enuff to remind you that it ain't called the Italian Siberia for nothing. Plenty re-bashed snow all week, but the resort was subject to a lot of outside interest during the week.... Saw lots of classes from around and about. They were shipping tots in from megeve, sauze, and other Aosta spots. This meant over use of the available snow, combined with the new year footfall. Red 6 and red 7 were unopened... (The two runs from lhs or rhs), resulting in the only ski home being a choice of two blacks and one red down through the middle. It was carnage after 2-3pm, not a lot of fun to be had trying to catch kids accelerating past going A over T screaming mama/papa. It got well chewed, easier to download on the gondola. A few isolated chips of stone appeared on the last two days, and the very occasional rock tip reared its ugly head, got a couple of dings.
No idea what la ros was like as I, out of the blue, bumped into a pal going Thursday-Thursday with esprit on our second day. He was based in la ros but had skied in italy for the last five days, so we took his word and didn't head over.
In summary had a great week, and the snow canons were running for the last few days, just needs more Mother Nature to let you ski home.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dode, Thanks for the report, going out for half term.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for report dode. Went there 3 years ago and had great time, although understand the comments about the steep runs back into resort.
I'm going there this Sunday, be great if someone had very latest update.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@814man, you should have a great time. There is more snow there than many neighbours, hence the bussing in. Very apparent when you are at Piccolo San Bernando and looking over to the snow line in France. It will be a lot quieter so will get a loss less chewed. The only hassle was having to download via the centre. So if you went to play at argillien/arnouvaz or over by Roxi bar then you had to head back to Les suches to download. Hopefully they will have red 6 & 7 up and running for you, but if not still great skiing to be had. The only rocks we saw were at the top of four claz heading back to the magic carpet, and top of belvedere heading back to la thuile. The pisties should have this patched up I hope.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might have seen you there. We were in an apartment in Les Menuires from 24-31 December. Had a great time but it was very green and most skiing was on artificial. Moved down to Albertville on 31st. Skied Les Arcs from Bourg on New Years day. Snow there was better than 3V but as we stood at top of the Aigulle Rouge and looked over at La Rosiere it looked like the snow was getting better the further east you went so decided to take a punt on the Espace San Bernardo for the final two days. So glad we did. La Rosiere was ok but once we went over into Italy the conditions were far better then we'd seen anywhere in the 3V or Les Arcs. My first trip to San Bernardo (and to Italy ever actually) and it won't be my last.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just finished a week in La Rosiere, and have been skiing in La Thuile today. There was a 10cm snowfall Weds pm to Thurs am, and the pistes are excellent now. Now quite enough for any meaningful off-piste though
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How is the snow at this time? Anyone?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy