Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie BC

Poster: A snowHead
Got into Fernie yesterday evening, borderline freezing at town level and then raining during the night Shocked . It's stayed at or just above freezing today (sat). There's more than enough base snow to keep the pistes fresh but I think it's going to feel a lot more like spring than winter for the next few days.
I'll get pictures up over the next two weeks Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
auntie masque,

I hope you have a great time and temperatures are not too warm. I look forward to hearing about your trip and seeing your photos.

We will be there soon. 2 weeks today will be our first ski day there and, 2 weeks tomorrow, we will be cat skiing with Fernie Wilderness Adventures. Can't wait!

Will you have time to try cat skiing? We skied with FWA a few years ago and it was excellent. Not cheap but highly recommended! Very Happy

After our week in Canada (including 2 days midweek at Kimberley) we fly to Denver, for a week of free skiing in Colorado - as Vail Resorts offer 6 days "for nowt" with a 3 Valleys season pass! Happy days:D

Then it's 1.5 days skiing at Loveland on the way back to Denver airport.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope it cools off =for you AuntieMasque, it was really cold when we were there about 7 years ago, but the last NA visit we did was in Jan/Feb three years back and Fernie (and a few others) were eloping to close because it was too swarm, in early Feb!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rogg,

Didn't they send for pest control? Puzzled Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been there, done that. I hope it cools down for you.

Still, maybe it won't just be me pointing out that down there can get warmer than you'd like.
That stuff is falling as snow not very far north of there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As fer today, you may as have driven a Zamboni (https://www.google.ca/search?q=Zamboni&oq=Zamboni&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.7256j0j8&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-Cool over the hill and tossed a 'puck' off the chairlift. A bit better higher up . . . But then no one told me that Fernie is NOT fer Nervous Nellies who, despite wearing 4 layers, can't feel ANY extremities, arrives at the top of 'Timber' to find that there's an AmDram death plunge through what apears to be a giant 'punjip pit' as the only way down Shocked Shocked Shocked . . . With commentary Evil or Very Mad

Snowing now, tomorrow will be better . . .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gernie is great and all but it sucks balls when it gets top to bottom rain then a refreeze. Hope you get some legit stuff.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It rained yesterday . . . warm, sweaty rain from lunchtime onward . . . and all night . . . still above freezing at resort height and we have an early start first tracks this morning. To be honest if it had frozen overnight I'd not be sitting here waiting for the kitchen to open, but still in my pit looking to see what's new on Netflix.

Took the board out yesterday am, apart from needing to make some major stance and angle changes due to the metal in the leg it's starting to come back together. The real problem is, as ever, the bodywork of a 3 ton Bedford on the suspension of a Morris Minor Embarassed It's getting better but not fast enough Evil or Very Mad

I'm getting used to the hill now . . . It's not Europe Shocked and what looks like a vertical cliff . . . almost is Sad But, going out with instruction and others of similar abilities is re-wiring the noggin to adapt . . . now I have to push harder . . . and really upgrade the pain medications Shocked . . . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Really wish I'd been this focused 50 years ago!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well that wuz interesting Shocked Shocked Shocked A warm soggy night and a warm soggy morning as the rain eased off to a light drizzle. The snow was soft for the top couple of inches if a trifle sticky on a firm base, quite nice to ski on and run drills then about 10 AM I found my damp jacket frozen to the back of the chairlift and my goggle strap solid. We dropped 20° in 20 mins Shocked between one lap and the next we went from skiing quite nice stuff to Milton Keynes at its worst Mad . . . So we took an hour for lunch . . . Then went out for the next session (after a quick trip to the store for another fleece, never had to do that before) . . . Well . . .

. . . I've skied glaciers pre-season in Tignes and summer in L2A . . . both were better than this, grey ice with a dusting of scrape, all lifts bar Bear and Elk were closed, I hit a lump of crud and double ejected popping the usual right shoulder rolling eyes . . . gonna be sore tomorrow. . . Just horrible Evil or Very Mad

However, after a couple of hours of light crumble falling, that has now turned a steady light snow that if keeps up overnight will ensure a reasonable day tomorrow, but the avalanche patrol is going to be a lot busier than today's fireworks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@auntie masque, hope you get some decent conditions soon. We looked at Fernie a few years ago as a possibility but the many reports of rain put us off.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shame you're not getting to see Fernie in good nick - very fond memories of my time there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have had both Fantastic (DeepPOW) & Very Bad (Heavy Rain Washout) conditions at Fernie...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me too - two trips - one fantastic conditions, the other dismal - both at the same time of year! Liked Fernie but a little disappointed by the fairly limited lift system (this was before the Polar Peak chair was installed).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wind, ice, more wind, the leurgy . . . shiver, sweat, sleep, s*** . . sweaty skidding on wind cleared polished ice . . .

FINALLY!!! WE HAVE 6" of powder and it's still gently falling Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin a day off on tele powder skis and a muck about on the board . . . bliss Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@auntie masque, this sounds like pure masochism. Please don't injure yourself again!!! x
ski holidays
@auntie masque, hope it gets better as we're out there at the end of the month. With your time their any recommendations regarding eateries and/or watering holes?
snow report
@ADESki, in Fernie resort or town?
latest report
We will be there on Saturday night. Can't wait - especially with the improved conditions! Very Happy
ski holidays
@Bergmeister, Nevados is good for Mexican, Himalayan for Indian. Good reports about Loaf and the sushi place too. Had an epic time there in January - powder on 12 out of 14 days. Fingers crossed for you too.
latest report
@holidayloverxx, town
ski holidays
For anyone staying near the main road through Fernie, we had great burgers at the pub of Park Place Lodge (hotel) and a great Thai curry at The Curry Bowl.
snow report
Is that the hotel with the restaurant overlooking the swimming pool? Quite an odd juxtaposition by a good steak, mind you it was nigh on 10 years ago but a very fond/odd memory.
latest report
Will arrive Calgary on Sunday, expected temperature -28... but that's ok as Monday will see temps rise
to -19 woohooo!
snow conditions
Hey folks, I'm planning on heading to fernie on the 7th for 6 days. The forecast isn't looking great, some rain later next week. I can change plans up to tomorrow and head further north. Anyone there just now? What's your thoughts?
latest report
The recent heatwave as really affected all of the resorts. I was at Louise on Sunday and it looked more like late April than late March. However they're claiming 20cm since then so it's likely a bit better but even so. Fernie will always have more risk of rain than Louise etc especially in Spring.

I would say that long range weather forecasts aren't worth the paper they're written on and so don't base your decision on that though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy