Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Question.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My head skis which I have for about 5 years are very awkward to carry because when they are flat on the ground the tips and tails touch the ground but the middle of both skis is roughly an inch or 2 above the ground forming an upward arc, so when I put them together they don't lie flat to each other.
Was wandering does any one else have this problem and might it effect my skiing.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's normal for a cambered ski. Try a velcro strap to keep them together when in a pair.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Richard that's what I use just a pain having to do it every time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The brakes lock the skis together...? No?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr Rock wrote:
The brakes lock the skis together...? No?

Not always on a very cambered ski, there can be enough springy pressure in the ski to pull the brakes apart - mine do this

As somebody pointed out, Velcro strap sorts it out, 2 is best
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
give these a try
https://www.volkl.com/skis/freeski/all-mountain/mantra.html

none of that annoying gap
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sugardaddy, pfft! why stop there? You've got Camber, Camber with front rocker, Camber with front AND rear rocker, Full Rocker and full flatties.

Just be lucky you don't snowboard, or you'd be into flats, cambers, spoons, rockers, v Rocker, 3D and triple bases, Reverse Triple bases, continuous uplifts, and cam/rock combos
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
5 years of dealing with this you say ??
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes. Last year I hired skies as it was only a short trip and it was much easier to carry the skies than my own set.
The Brakes don't lock my skis together.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FFS
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chick, You don't mention which skis/bindings. I have seen skis with thick plates under the bindings leave very little brake overlap, which would be compounded with a heavily cambered ski.

If you find a Velcro strap too much hassle, try a Voile or G3 plastic strap, as they are easier to use and will hold your skis tightly together.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My (well more than 5 years old) piste skis have quite a pronounced springy 'arc' in the middle also and do not hold well together on the brakes alone (if at all sometimes). But to carry them isn't a problem: it's just learning how. Grip with and (and I have a very small genteel female hand) in the middle inbetween the bindings for short periods and carry them horizontal or vertical in hand, or carry tucked under arm or just securely over shoulder (this arguement of how to carry can run and run!). There shouldn't really be a problem for short carrying, like for cable cars, gondolas etc. For longer walks I use a shoulder strap that wraps around the front and back of the bindings with a velcro strap, or do the old 2 poles thing (but then again I have a neck problem and can't carry anything far over my shoulder anyway). In lieu of a velcro strap, a piece of wide elastic tied with a knot into a loop and wrapped securely round does just as well, tip and tail.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy