Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings - BSL adjustment?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm looking to pick up a new pair of skis and am getting a little overwhelmed by binding choice. My first pair came with bindings more or less (head titans) so it wasn't something that I considered. I'm looking at QST99 from ekosport, but would like the skis to be usable by myself (29.5, 325mm BSL) and my girlfriend (27.5, 305mm BSL). Are bindings adjustable by this amount - or are certain models adjustable by this? Do I need to try and find some demo bindings?

Cheers
driz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unlikely that normal bindings would adjust this much, you'd need rental bindings, as need to move the toe-piece as well as the heel.

Don't you think it likely you'd want to ski with your girlfriend?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want them to fit both your girlfriend and yourself you probably need to drill your skis for the size between, i.e. for 28.5. Then you should be able to make it either a size longer or shorter. I understood that bindings can be adjusted a size either way, but you have to ask at the shop to be sure. Another solution if you want to share skis is to mount them with a pair of Marker Schizo's, if you don't mind extra weight.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy