Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal ski schools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
Me and my 8 yo daughter are off on our first ski trip, the second week in march, to arinsal in andorra.

I chose Arinsal because the reviews say it's good for beginners and as we both have never skied before this puts us in those experience bracket.

With our package we have morning lessons included.

My question is
What are the ski schools like in Andora?

Tia
Stewart
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Stewart,

I went to Arinsal 2 years ago (Feb 2015) and had only been skiing twice so had lessons before. The lessons were really good, and productive but I would say they are definitely towards the beginner end of the spectrum. I am not sure if it was just some people holding the group up, or if it was just this teacher but for me things moved a little slowly. Having said that (retrospectively) I think it did me a world of good as it helped hone by technique and get used to the basics.

The guys are very friendly and there was a boy (10 years old I think) in the group and the instructor did very well in catering for him and teaching him mixing fun and games with the serious stuff. I would say it is certainly worth it, especially with the afternoons free to ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have a place in Arinsal and are there a lot. Two of my kids have spent whole seasons there. Another learnt to ski there. My son shadowed with the ski school for a few weeks last year (preparing to take his level 2 instructors course, which he failed!). The ski school is good, run by an English guy called Marcus and has a surfeit of English speaking instructors. The nursery slopes are perfect for beginners. Somewhat limited once you get going but for a first trip, ideal, especially for kids.

Snow should be decent in mid March and it shouldn't be too busy either. Just what you want.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stewpot101, We started out in Arinsal with young kids. The lessons were excellent. There is also a group camaraderie which I haven't found anywhere else. Each instructor has a a designated pub and a cameraman to follow the group around. In the evening the group meets up in the pub to watch the highlights. Kids had a fab time with their instructors. They will generally move you up or down groups depending on your abilities.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys
Alot of good reviews which is good.

8 weeks to go and we will be on our first snow adventure
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy