Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any summer skiing possible in the Pyrenees....?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need to rent a small place in the Pyrenees in March for about a year to research background material for a book about the history of the Pyrenees in wartime starting with the Duke of Wellington up to POWs trying to escape to Spain in WWII, and wondered if anyone knows of any stations where summer skiing is also just possible as well....?

Well gotta relax sometimes.... ! snowHead

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think so, I'm not sure there are any skiable glaciers which is what you'd need for summer skiing but I might be wrong

btw. welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the welcome.... Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds fascinating!

There aren't any glacier resorts in the Pyrenees, so you're out of luck, sadly. (However, ski touring tends to go on until the beginning of July, and presumably one could ski down the Aneto glacier all year round, as part of an Aneto climbing trip.)

In any case, the Pyrenees are beautiful in summer and there are tons of great hikes and climbs available. Where are you going to be based, more or less?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sometimes snow lies on the French side of the Breche du Roland, often as low down as the refuge. You can get to the refuge quite easily by driving up as high as you can get out of Garvenie and then walking across. If there's no sliding to be had the walk over and drop down to the Ordessa valleys to be one of the most breathtaking walks in Europe.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pyremaniac wrote:
Sounds fascinating!

There aren't any glacier resorts in the Pyrenees, so you're out of luck, sadly. (However, ski touring tends to go on until the beginning of July, and presumably one could ski down the Aneto glacier all year round, as part of an Aneto climbing trip.)

In any case, the Pyrenees are beautiful in summer and there are tons of great hikes and climbs available. Where are you going to be based, more or less?

Thanks a lot for the info still very early days yet so not sure about anything. Now there's no summer skiing possible and preferring if I get time the odd round of golf, thinking about leaving things until June/July till about May '18 and doing it that way....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Sometimes snow lies on the French side of the Breche du Roland, often as low down as the refuge. You can get to the refuge quite easily by driving up as high as you can get out of Garvenie and then walking across. If there's no sliding to be had the walk over and drop down to the Ordessa valleys to be one of the most breathtaking walks in Europe.

Thanks for the tip although well to the east of The Battle of Roncevalles between the English and the French, Gavarnie looks an interesting place to visit anyway with great views...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Pyrenees
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi @Arcadian, I have lived here for 13 years (bareges and Luz st Sauveur), tis a very nice spot. Feel free to harass me for info if you like. I also have a fair bit of info about the area on my website which is linked off my sig.
@Arcadian,
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Arcadian, Oh and I am a mountain guide and guide trips along the old Mi9 Jade amicol line which went through here...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds interesting once plans are clearer, thanks for the offer.... Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy