Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Easyjet Destinations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think they announced on the return flight from Zurich that they are about to commence flights to Basel in Switzerland. Does that make any of the Swiss resorts easier to get to?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on exactly which airport they mean by Zurich & Basel. Within about 40 miles of Basel, there are 20 ski resorts, although most are in Germany, and within the same distance of Zurich, the result is 19.
(Based on AutoRoute 2000)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting as Swiss stopped direct flights to Basel recently (well about a year ago). That they had flights from the Uk to there though was legacy of the Crossair days as Basel was their hub (the only time I flew to/from there was when we lost an engine on a flight from Zurich. On landing it was subsequently found down the back of the sofa).

I shouldn't think it'd make things much easier by train to get to Swiss resorts as you'd still have to go via Bern, Luzern or Zurich. It couldn't be much further away from them and still be in Switzerland. I'm sure D G Orf or ise can give a better answer - I'm only thinking of the resorts I know and there are plenty I don't.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
EasyJet have started flying into Basel from Liverpool and Gatwick, initially for the summer season. Zurich airport had increased their landing fees quite significantly, so they're exploring the viability of another destination.

Zurich airport has the advantage of a railway station in the airport, but the bus connection from Basel only takes 20 mins and is door to door (airport to main station). I used Basel when I went to Wengen over easter. The journey time was slightly shorter than via Zurich (I think by about 40 mins?), although, as skanky said, much of the journey is the same (from Bern or Lucern). As most of the resorts I know are in that area, I can't see too much of an advantage, but it's certainly no worse (and flying from Liverpool is great for me.....previously they only did Geneva from there)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It can depend on which train you get, when you land and if you change at Zurich HB, but I did a quick check on the SBB site to Interlaken and the journey time was within 10 mins from each, I think (roughly 2hrs 15), both involved changing at Bern. I would say, you should check landing times and train times at each airport and make your decsion on specifics.

Incidentally, when we went to Laax at half-term, a friend flew Manchester-Zurich for about £100 cheaper with Swiss than with Easyjet, so always check all airlines, especially if you're not booking months in advance (if you catch the Easyjet flights early enough they'll usually be cheaper).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy