Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Diamante - San Martino in Badia - Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Stayed for a short break 14-19th Dec 2016. First trip to the Dolomites. Hotel run by mountain sun who are probably better know on here for running the Melezes in Tignes. Having been to the Melezes loads of times and had great experiences, we thought we would give one of their other places a go. Same type of deal as a melezes do for early season.
The hotel- lovely big hotel compared to Melezes. Feels a lot more modern. Nice pool and sauna and hot tub. Food was great. Big rooms and comfy beds. Great boot room set up, just disappointing selection of in house ski hire. I only went for the basic pack and this is what I got. Option was there to upgrade if I had wanted to. Beer at the bar was around 4 euro, house wine was 7 euros.
The hotel is in a quiet village of San martino in badia. Not a lot to do at night time, just a couple of small bars. Not ski in ski out, but the hotel offer a free shuttle that takes 2 minutes to the nearest lift. From there you can ski all of Kronplatz. Alternatively get the free bus from the same lift and go 20min and you end up near corvana and la Vila, from there you can ski loads of piste including the sella Ronda and the marmalada. We took this bus 3 of the 4 days. Not that kronplatz is not good, but the bus is easy and we skied most of kronplatz in one day.
The skiing was excellent considering there had been no snow for 3 weeks when we got there. Virtually all the snow was cannon made, but it was great to ski on and pisted every night. Amazing effort went in to make it so good. Loved skiing round the sella Ronda. So many great runs and such stunning scenery.

We will definitely go again, but try and fly to Innsbruck as it is only 90 min transfer. We did Venice and it was 3 hours.

Cheers
Smag
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Great boot room set up, just disappointing selection of in house ski hire. I only went for the basic pack and this is what I got. Option was there to upgrade if I had wanted to

Isn't that how it generally works? If you want something more than basic beginner skis, you choose that package, or do you mean they were old and tatty?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They were in good nick, but only one type of ski to chose from in diffeeent lengths. Rossi pursuit 100 in many different sizes, but that was the only one
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quick google tells me they are a beginner ski. So the only basic ski choice I had was aimed at a beginner. I would have liked a choice of a basic intermediate ski is all I am saying.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's just normal though in my experience of hiring skis. beginner ski are cheaper so they are always the base choice, you pay a bit more to get a stiffer intermediate ski and / or something that you can carve on. As my kids and I have improved, we've paid a bit more and got a better hire ski.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I see. I better stop being a tight Yorkshire man and cough up next time and go for the next ones up.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@smagsmith, The church bells didn't bother you? Every 1/4 hour all through the night (which seems pointless and perverse). They drove me round the twist but then I am a light sleeper and had forgotten my earplugs and my room was on that side of the hotel (ie the front)

Loved the skiing in that area though, loads of really interesting red and black runs
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@red 27, others in different rooms complained about the bells, but I can't say I heard them at all. Our room was on the back of the hotel.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy