Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia gondola rescue

Poster: A snowHead
I know this has already been posted on the Zermatt / Cervinia thread but I thought more people might be interested:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38429571
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were rescued soon after nightfall and got back to our hotel around 20:30, so didn't miss our dinner! The last evacuees made it down shortly after midnight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
serious winds !

http://youtube.com/v/j5X1ObhuzT4

Passenger footage of rescue

http://youtube.com/v/3sHXbkQXKbs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably not what had planned for Christmas eve Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like Valentine on an average day..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like Valentine on an average day..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
downhilldai wrote:
We were rescued soon after nightfall and got back to our hotel around 20:30, so didn't miss our dinner! The last evacuees made it down shortly after midnight.

Thank god you made dinner! Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mollerski wrote:
downhilldai wrote:

Yes, almost missed out on the free bar too, but just managed to get in for the last 2 hours.....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am there in four weeks - I better not show my wife this video
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@downhilldai, I have always wanted to know what is the toilet etiquette in these situations!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
downhilldai wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
downhilldai wrote:

Yes, almost missed out on the free bar too, but just managed to get in for the last 2 hours.....

Phew! Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nevergreenterrace wrote:
@downhilldai, I have always wanted to know what is the toilet etiquette in these situations!!!

Very Happy I am pleased you asked as it makes me feel not so bad that that was one of my first thoughts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JohnMo wrote:
nevergreenterrace wrote:

Very Happy I am pleased you asked as it makes me feel not so bad that that was one of my first thoughts.

No rules. Best to retain as much fluid as possible. I heard that some had bladder control issues. Don't know whether anyone actually shat themselves.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When you gotta go you gotta to go.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
....apart from all the jokey stuff....doesn't it make you proud of the rescue services.
Looking at video (above)...brilliant, professional people. It was their Xmas too. Ariverdercci.
ski holidays
And people are just cheerful and grateful to be rescued. Such a positive vibe to come out of a scary situation.
snow conditions
That lift is really susceptible to wind. I wonder if this will make them more cautious about closing it. It is such an important lift as it is the only one that links from the pistes around the Plan Maison area to the Ventina and the Valtournenche area (other than getting the bus between Cervinia and Valtournenche). Fortunately (from a selfish point of view) it is not the only link back to Zermatt.
ski holidays
jbob wrote:

Although quite tricky hanging it out of a swaying gondola window in 80mph winds. Very Happy
latest report
t44tomo wrote:
jbob wrote:

Although quite tricky hanging it out of a swaying gondola window in 80mph winds. Very Happy

If you look closely there is always a little trapdoor.
snow report
Blimey, that clip of the wind is scary! Puts into perspective my OH's minor 'ordeal' this summer when he got stuck on the Vallandry lift in Les Arcs. The initial message was that the lifties had gone home but then it became apparent that the chairlift had broken down. I was already in the bar by this point but the boys and their bikes had to be belayed off! Luckily the sun was shining and they had good company and crisps Laughing

It was scorchio, mind!
snow report
That looks really gentle compared to rocking you get on the Jandri when it is windy

http://youtube.com/v/WOzyuvrANLo

http://youtube.com/v/IQFt0aazfuE

apparently they had to jet hose the cabins with hot water after this episode
snow conditions

I don't know why more resorts don't use wind breaks at the most critical points on their lifts. I appreciate that it is not an option for completely exposed lifts, but many have a critical section of exposure that could easily be protected.
snow report
JohnMo wrote:
nevergreenterrace wrote:

Could be worse.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/jet-diverts-to-shannon-airport-with-toilet-problems-770036.html
ski holidays
lambert wrote:
....apart from all the jokey stuff....doesn't it make you proud of the rescue services.
Looking at video (above)...brilliant, professional people. It was their Xmas too. Ariverdercci.

Yes, they really were very good.
ski holidays
@downhilldai,

Hi - I'm a TV director looking for footage of this accident and rescue of the 24th December 2016.
I'm working on BBC Earth Documentary and I'd love to get in touch with people who were rescued and have footage

Sorry to hijack - would love to hear from you guys especially Downhilldai

Thanks a lot
Sal
latest report
@sassenza, Welcome to snowheads. If you are trying to get in touch with specific snowheads you can click the + button next to their name in the left column and then (in the popup) the PM button to send them a direct private message.
latest report
Thanks a lot - will do
latest report
sassenza wrote:
@downhilldai,

Hi - I'm a TV director looking for footage of this accident and rescue of the 24th December 2016.
I'm working on BBC Earth Documentary and I'd love to get in touch with people who were rescued and have footage

Sorry to hijack - would love to hear from you guys especially Downhilldai

Thanks a lot
Sal

I've given DHD a nudge. He should be in touch at some point. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 21-05-20 16:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks a lot
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy