Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos-Klosters

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have first hand experience of the current on-piste conditions in Davos and/or Klosters?
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there enough slopes open to keep one occupied for an imminent 3-day trip, assuming there's no fresh real snow?
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skidm, have a look on the German forum. Alpinforum or something like that. You'll need google translate but it's helpful for live conditions reports when no snowHead are in the area
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers @red 27, I'll check it out.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Davos currently has 55% of its lifts open.

But snowdepth is way below-average, it is hard artificial snow on the resort trails, and there is no sign of fresh snowfall for at least the next 2 weeks.

Davos has very good webcams:

http://www.davos.ch/en/davos-klosters/news/live-cams/livecams-davos-klosters/
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you dont' mind pite skiing, then there is plenty open even now - 4 mountain are open. If you want off piste then i am not sure where you should go at present - suggest the US or Japan Very Happy
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice one @Whitegold and @SkiingQuinHat. I don't mind just piste skiing as long as there's enough to go at. Will probably go over to North America later in the season. Did Japan back in Feb, which was fantastic.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just a bit of a conditions update for anyone who's interested. After the fresh snow of yesterday/last night I thought I'd try a make first tracks this morning starting from Klosters village. Plenty of others though seemed to have the same idea. The queue at 0815 for Gotshnagrat was huge. Once up the mountain I headed over to Weissfluhjoch under blue sky, no wind and the temp around -20degC. What surprised me was that the snow was too grippy and it remained that way throughout the day - not great for trying to pick up speed for the numerous flat sections on the Klosters side. The free-ride area of Weissfluhgipel was open and there was plenty of off-piste going on. I then headed down into Davos and across to Jakobshorn. The wind was picking up a little and the cold was beginning to really bite. Again, on-piste snow was a tad grippy and some off-piste was possible. Ended the day back in Klosters, feet freezing and face numb. I hope it's warmer tomorrow!
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like it is improving for sure. We are back there at the end if January for a long weekend and boping for a few more snowfalls!
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow conditions much better today than yesterday. Overcast, light snowfall, -15degC at Weissfluhjoch, and most importantly no grippy snow anywhere. The black no. 7 down to Davos Dorf was a delight. Forecast the same for tomorrow then it's blue sky on Monday.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Much better than expected on Parsenn today. Visibility poor and windy at the top, but a fair amount of fresh snow and it continued through most of the day. Best bit was no people here.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spent most of the day over at Jakobshorn. On-piste conditions were fantastic early on. Very quiet for a couple of hours and several inches of fresh stuff to float on! Red 11 to Jatz a highlight.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone over at Davos-Klosters at the moment who can give me an update on conditions? I'm planning my weekend over lunch...
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got a phot from a friend who was there yesterday, and there had been some serious snow fall
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm here at the moment and warm weather has melted a lot of snow in the last week making some runs very patchy with exposed grass. Most runs are ok, but snow quality is poor. Very hard/icy in the morning and all but the highest runs starting to get slushy by noon. A few of the runs to the village are closed at the moment as rain over the last few days has made them unskiable.
snow conditions     
@ritson, That's bad news.

Davos is normally one of the safest late season resorts.
snow report     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy