Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you can't wait 'til next season....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Warren Smith Academy is running a number of courses at the Milton Keynes Snozone and during the summer at Saas Fee. Or you could join Easiski on the 2 Alpes glacier during July and August. How about a summer break in the mountains of the Savoie with a morning or three on the Tignes glacier? Make the most of it while they are still there!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my case I think it's make the most of it while I'm still here Exclamation Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG-was about to post a Q about summer skiing;and you beat me to it.As you are in the area,what are the logistics on the Savoie?Just back from Valmorel(same area? I'm crap at geography!!)Fancy maybe a self drive down and combine a summer break with some skiing.Is it viable.Families usual break is 2 weeks around mid August(school hol time)I'm only back a week and missing the mountain already Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some points ref. France in the summer.... (yes Valmorel is just down the Tarentaise Valley from BSM)

- the busiest period (anywhere in France) is between mid-July to mid-August. This is reflected - slightly - in the cost of self-catering accommodation.

- never drive anywhere along the main motorways in France (north-south & vice versa) between Friday evening and Saturday night!

- Last summer was very poor, the glaciers lacked snow, and some believed the likes of Tignes and 2 Alpes should have closed early. That said some late snow got them through to the end of August.

- Tignes has had snow cannons installed on a couple of glacier pistes so this should help things.

- there are often queues for the glacier first thing (at both) as the club/national teams are all there. A trick is to take a private lesson for the first hour or two - this gets you past all the teams, much to their disgust, at the busiest time.

- Tignes itself is not ideal for a summer break - comparatively there's more to do in 2 Alpes.

- If you stay down in the valley in the likes of Bourg Saint Maurice there's loads to do, it's a big summer destination, plus there's a lot of activities at Arc 1800 .... but then you have to bear in mind that the glaciers open from 7.30ish to just after lunch, and you have a 30 min drive to Tignes. To compensate there's a lot going on, although most of the festivals/events are late July rather than August (World canoeing/kayak championship finals at BSM, music/arts festivals). Around July 23rd you've got the Tour de France arriving in Alpe d'Huez opp. 2 Alpes.

- and in passing!... if anyone fancies a holiday in Provence, not far from Avignon... I've got a house, with pool, available most of the summer, Sleeps up to 15 people... see L'Eau Salée - Malaucène. However chances of snow on the Mont Ventoux are a little slim - unless the Gulf Stream stops flowing before then...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy