Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bag for skis boots and clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at options for one large bag carrying 2 skis up to 185cm boots, poles and some clothing primarily for weekend to avoid carriage charges. Seen the sno kart 3. Are there any other bags I should look at? Would any Board Bags do this job. Aim is to avoid charge for additional hold luggage.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This question gets asked on a weekly basis so try the search function.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DaKine Fall Line. The long Low Roller used to be a possibility but they killed it in the 185 length ( would take 190 at a pinch)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've now gone down this route - ditch the separate boot bag, and recko can now get all ski clothing +, boots ect and skis in the one double ski bag.
Then any extra clothing in a carry on, or maybe extra duffle to check in...

I always tended to lock ski together... but best to go with this way in youtube link below! One pair skis flat, others down side

http://youtube.com/v/tarMtUAqrKo

I only have one pair of skis, and found plenty of room for boots, boot warmer/dryer, clothing, helmet etc.

I would have gone for the Dakine fall Line but only one they had at Whistler at the time was an overlong 2m long version...

Dakine Fall Line seems recommended, or

I got a Swix padded double bag - which, like the Douchebag, can be altered in length easily.

Saw that Thule had a version with roller wheels that kick out so keeping bag semi-upright for better manouverability... but not seen it online?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
double post

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 8-05-17 8:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dakine Fall Line Double
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999 wrote:
Dakine Fall Line Double
will that get boots in as well as skis? Looks a good option.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dan100 wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Dakine Fall Line Double

Yes, although you will have problems with weight if you've got a 20kg limit and are taking 2 pairs of skis. For the EoSB I had two pairs of skis/poles, my ski wear and socks and still came in at 19kg. Boots and all my clothes for the week went in my carry on, plus my rucksack with shovel etc. had to go in my dad's luggage (one of the pairs of skis were his, so seemed fair enough).

For my next trip I'm thinking of paying the extra cost to register it as large sporting equipment, which would boost limit up to 32kg.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The dakine fall line double 165cm actually comes up longer so might just squeeze in 185cm in there, that bag only just squeezes in the 190cm BA size limit.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
always29 wrote:
The dakine fall line double 165cm actually comes up longer so might just squeeze in 185cm in there, that bag only just squeezes in the 190cm BA size limit.

I've got one pair that are 184 so 165 sounds short - especially if I'm sticking at least one boot in.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dan100 wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Dakine Fall Line Double

Yep - the pocket on the end (accessed from the outside) is for one boot, with another at the other end

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Your cat looks so forlorn!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey there's two of them!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@moseyp, sadly she went missing (/was hit by a car) about a year after that photo Sad - but yes I think she wanted to come with me! We got her from the rescue centre when she (and her brother, who also died) should still have been with her mother (can't remember the story now, think they were found without her) and still needed hand feeding; consequently they were two of the sweetest cats I've ever known, and without fail would always come running when I whistled! The other one now lives the life of Riley with my ex's parents (mostly on their bed apparently) Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Awww...maybe she's made it to snowier climes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy